What's new

Schindler's List Box Set - Maybe worth a pop at under $30!!! (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Now this is rumored to be reducing it's list price to $34.98, I think I may well add it to my collection of box sets.

Dare I ask those who forked out twice as much if the extra packaging is worth it?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Hmm, if that's true, I'll pick it up for that price. That would not be fair at all however for those who picked it up already. If this is true, that's another black spot on Universal's recent spotty record.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually very happy about the price drop because my current digipack which came with the gift set is all scratched up and now I can replace it for only $30, keep the receipt and return the new set with the scratched digipack in exchange for a brand new sealed copy, and than head on down to the HTF Trade Forum and sell it off.

:emoji_thumbsup:

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
According to that link, the price change takes effect on March 29. That's only 20 days after the set's release. Most retailers will refund the difference if you made the purchase within 30 days. If you kept your receipt, you should be fine.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
That's if the retailer reduce's their price too, sometimes that takes a while after the MSRP gets dropped.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The only reason I can think for such a quick & drastic price reduction is that this set is not selling at all. At this price I may pick it up, although now I have to sell my regular edition.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

huh? marco, run that by me again.
i didnt follow it the first time.

you already own the gift set.
it is opened and watched.
buy it again.
then return the first one on the new ones receipt.
get replacement for the returned set.
so you will end up with 2 sets?
selling one of them?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if i bought the gift set at the original price, i'd sell it TODAY, before anyone gets wind of this, and buy it when it comes out later.

CJ

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I'm guessing Back to the Future, but Spielburg didn't mess up the framing, he didn't even direct the thing.

He does have a lot of Universal releases, Were the 'Close Encounters', 'ET' or 'Jurassic Park' DVDmessed up?

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Original Jurassic Park DTS DVD was messed up, but I don't believe that was Spielberg's fault. Besides, Universal has replaced the disc free of charge, so I can't blame them for that one too much.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think Spielberg can be blamed for Universal's poor QA/QC. It sounds like he actually made them redo the "E.T." discs before they were released.

Funny how all the Universal releases associated with him seem to end up glitched in one way or another, though.

I bought the regular release, but haven't opened it yet. Perhaps I'll wait, return it, and pick up the gift set instead. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks