Schematic for Mits WS-73903

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Varacin, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Any one by chance have a wiring schematic for a Mit's WS-73903? I lost my picture and the service guys that came to look are idiots. I want to find the problem myself.

Symptom: No picture, but sound.

Me: "Are there separate power supplies for the Video and Audio?"

Service: "No."

Me: "Any thought's on what's wrong?"

Service: "Could be the power supply."

Me: "Well how could that be if there is only one power supply."

Service: "Well, it's because they are very complicated."

So complicated that you can learn the trade through a Sally Struthers correspondence course? Give me a break...I'll find the problem.

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

It could still be the power supply. It has a high voltage section that drives the CRTs, and a low voltage section that drives the electronics. If the HV section goes out, you'll get sound but no picture.

A number of things can cause you to get no picture, just like if your car won't start it could be caused by a number of things. HV power problem, failure in the deflection circuits (which cause the HV to shut down so phosphor burn doesn't occur), or a failure in the video circuitry, or even a blown fuse.

3. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,

You are right...that's what I wanted to check on the schematic...I wanted to see if there was in fact a high and low voltage output, (which makes sense that there would be.)as well as where fuses may be. I'm assuming there must be a transformer to produce the high voltage for the CRT's, which may be a problem as well. I just need to know how it's all laid out, thus the need for the diagram.