What's new

Schell Shocked HomeTheater...A year in the making!..Updated. (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi Everybody!,,

After a long period of time and some

strategically planned upgrades, the Schell

Shocked Sonically Enhanced HomeTheater

room is near completion.

Added to the room were:

-4 surround ADP speakers.

-Two Parasound Seperate Amplifiers.

-6 foot tall equipment rack.

-New HT signs and plaques.

-Computer corner office desk.

-Large aquarium.

-Console game center.

-Fireplace.

The Schell Shocked webpage has been updated

with it's new look.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Just click on the signature!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

that's what I'm hoping will happen to me ;)

james e m

Second Unit
Nice job! :emoji_thumbsup: How do you like the ADP's compared to the 20's for your surrounds? I almost went with the ADP surrounds, but I opted for Mini Monitors because of placement, I'll be moving in less than I year so I didn't know if the room layout would be conducive to bi/dipolar surrounds. While you're at it how do the SV subs compare to the Servo 15s?
james

Chris White

Second Unit
The Schell Home Theater just keeps getting better and better! Nice job Trevor. I have only one nagging concern -- I'm just not sure you have enough bass yet. ;)

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,

Very Nice. It is always fun to see what your latest upgrades are. Can you tell me who makes the rack? I am interested in something like it. I assume the shelves can handle the weight of your amps?

Congrats on a nice setup.

Andy

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Thats the biggest rack I've seen in awhile.
Nathan, I've looked all over his site and still have not been able to find the girl. :D :D :D
Damn Trevor, that's one hell of a set-up. I'll get one like that when I graduate, get a job, pay off my loans....shit, I don't think I'll ever be able to upgade! :angry: :angry:

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Really nice setup, Trevor.
But one question. You have what appear to be buckets either side of and in the center of the seating area. Are those puke buckets in case the bass spls become overwhelming for the guests? :D

W

Will

If I'm ever in Saskatchewan Canada I'll want to visit, you Saskatch monster you. I like the fish tanks too. Can you say anything about the fish and their tanks?

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks Guys!,
James,,I never had the 20's but did have the 60's in the rear at one time. I had to go with the ADP's because of space limitations. The side wall mount was conveneint.
I find the di-pole rears to really enhance the rear soundfeild being that it is more enveloping and gives that perception of a wider precense..I would not go back to direct radiating in the rears after living with the dipoles for the last few months.
As for the Subs,,I would never give up my Servo's..The SVS are a nice addition however.
Chris,,my room really dampens the tones..The subs blend in very well and are by no means overpowering..It feels very nice..:)
Steven,,The will stay for good.. In the future we will see a 16:9 FPTV drop down screen at the front for veiwing DVD etc..
Andy,,The rack is a 4 shelf and 5 shelf Solus rack,,Each shelf is rated to hold 130 lbs..It's very solid and is supported by the display platform connected to the entertainment unit.
Mark,,No option to put the amps on the bottom. The spacing on the bottom area is only 6" the top part has 9" .
The Denon and Parasounds are 8" each in height.
Will,,You are welcome to come and visit...Just bring the warm weather with you.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Trevor,
What? No link to my HT page? (Just kidding!) :laugh:
As always, well done!!
It keeps getting better and better, eh?

Bing Fung

Agent
Nice to see you have pictures showing just how awesome your system is Trev! :emoji_thumbsup: :)
Words and Pictures alone, can not convey the magnitude and sonic power of Trev's system. To say the sound field is Huge would be an understatment, it is one impressive set-up!
We played the Kenwood THX demo "Tex II" and it was simply incredible as Tex flew around the room. He was in all corners of the room dropping what sounded like very big tools, I was sure I felt a breeze as he flew past my forehead ;) We listened to Jungle sounds, also on the Kenwood Demo and the imaging was very prescise as the sounds panned around the room. It was a lot of fun just listening to this as I closed my eyes, could I really be in an actual rainforest?
Another impressive aspect was when Trevor and I played NHL 2002 on his Xbox. It sounded as if we were in a hockey arena, a very big hockey arena! I could hear players calling for passes up ice, the same way as when I'm playing real hockey. The ambience was incredible!
Trev, played me some N'syn (stereo mode) and the vocals were so clear and tactile. His system has so much power that the music did not even sound loud at all, rather the sound had a huge amount of "Presence". As I was sitting there listening, I felt removed from within a room and really felt as if I was somewhere special that I have not been before, yet some how all was familiar.
We played a bit of the Tomb Raider DVD on the screen, and I would have to say it certainly looked better than I remembered it in the theater. Sonically it was impressive as the bass was not an overpowered bass with big boominess, rather it had this subtle quality that fit with the program material, with out over emphasis. I think Trev certainly has spent a lot of time tweaking balance and power levels to get the sound so neutral.
Anybody passing through Toon town should definitely look up Trevor for an audition, it's not to be missed.

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,

I have a question. When I am looking at your websight. My processor usage went up to 100%. The computer was bogged down and things were not loading, my video started disappearing, etc. As soon as I closed the page, things went back to normal. Is this a problem with my computer? It is a PII 450 w/264 meg of RAM.

As for your Home Theater, it is awesome. Are those Parasound amps still available? I thought Parasound was coming out with a new line, because I maybe interested in finding a source. The new one were way out of my price range.

Also, were there any fish in the big tank? My wife is into Marine fish we have a 55 gallon aquarium. I was wondering if it is a fresh water or marine aquarium.

Regards,

Adam.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Gary,,No power problems.
I am using 5 outlets altogether to run the equipment..
Two are dedicated 15 amp circuits which are powering the Denon and the two Parasound amps.
RAF,,Thanks,,
I will look at getting your link onto my Webpage,,With your permission of course.:)
Bing,,Thanks,,Glad you liked my previews.:)
Next itme you visit,,I'll kick your butt in NHL hockey>:)
Adam,,You probably need a 1 GHZ machine to take full advantage of my webpage. I also feel it is slow sometimes.:frowning:
The Parasound HCA 2205 is a new model where the HCA 3500 is a discontinued model.
The 33 gallon Tank is a freshwater tank. The 230 gallon tank is for Saltwater..This should be fully operational by April..The foundation has to be supported first to be able to accomidate the potential weight when fully set-up.

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Trev.......I haven't seen your set-up in quite some time. I remember yours distinctly because we both have the same entertainment center. Also....way back when....we were also both starting out with Acoustic Research speakers. We've both come a long way! You've acquired a lot of new equipment which is nice, but I am wondering how you can sit back and enjoy a movie in a room that looks so cluttered?? How many subs do you need?? Well, unless you plan on picking up your system and moving it to a ACTUAL movie theater where you might need that much bass. LOL It just seems like in order to have your bass properly calibrated....all of your subs are probably tuned way down below their capabilities and just seems like an awful waste to me. But that's just my opinion. Also.....I would consider getting a rack or some sort of storage system for all your software and get it moved out of the direct line of sight of veiwing. All that clutter seems so distracting?

George W

Stunt Coordinator
Dang man that thing looks like a show room! Very nice setup. Perhaps someday I will get that much HT stuff.....but I doubt it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks