What's new

Scheduling tasks (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know of a way to have automatically scheduled tasks perform on a PC? I know about the Windows Task Scheduler, but I don't think it'll really do what I want.

What I'd like to do is have a way of automatically recording a webcast at the same time every morning.

Starting the stream probably wouldn't be a problem...that's just a case of having a shortcut executed at a certain time (when the link is executed, it launches media player automatically and starts the stream).
What I'm wondering is if it's possible to have a recording program start up or even just start recording at a specific time. It's easy enough for me to leave a recording program open on my system, but how to get it to begin recording?

What would be great is if there were a way to automatically open an internet shortcut, then execute a keyboard shortcut in my recording program (Adobe Audition).

Any way of doing this?

Melissa

Grip
I turn mind off....it seems to always start when i'm doing something..lol no matter when I set the time.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I've looked at the endless list of macro programs....I was really wondering if anyone is or has used one that works well.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Alas, no, just wanted to give you some good starting points. Presumably any of them would do what you need, doesn't sound overly complicated.

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
"What I'd like to do is have a way of automatically recording a webcast at the same time every morning."

I do this 7 days a week, 4 or 5 times a day during the week with TotalRecorder. It can capture any sound coming through your sound card as a WAV or convert to mp3 at a large variety of bit rates, mono or stereo. The pro version, costs about $35US, allows editing.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks