Scenium TruFlat?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy L, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Andy L

Andy L Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know what happened to the RCA Scenium TruFlat monitors? They no longer appear on RCA's web page although other TV's from the Scenium line are still there. The links that I have followed to the product page are broken as well.

2. Trev Barton

Trev Barton Extra

I heard that they aren't going to release them until the 2nd quarter of 2002. That's too far away for me for something that might not be that great in the end or may be delaied even longer. That and the fact that their customer service sucks. Here's what happened when I contacted them. I've sent them a couple of emails over the past two weeks and they send half assed replies. Not what you would expect when considering a TV in this price range. I called them the other day and their phone support is set up to prevent you from actually getting a real person on there. I had to call the number 11 times trying different menu options before I got someone on the phone. I told the lady that I was looking for a brochure on the Scenium D36TF20 and that I lived in Canada. At that point she became very rude and started yelling something about not knowing anything about Canada and that she couldn't send me the information. I tried to asked her if there was anywhere on the internet that I could go to contact dealers or reps in Canada and if there was a phone number that I could call to get any information for Canada. All of my questions were interrupted with the same yelling response, “I don't know anything about Canada blah,blah,blah...". I'm sorry but that's crap. You can't tell me that there's no one that can be called at RCA who can put you in touch with an RCA dealer in Canada. Anyway I said to this lady very sarcastically, "Thanks, you've really helped me to decide which company to buy from". She actually said your welcome. Screw RCA. I'm a big believer in treating customers with respect. Many times I've bought from store B and paid more money just because store A was rude and store B was courteous. I've never had this problem in person, probably because I scare inmates let alone sales staff, but I get it a lot over the phone. RCA and Zenith are the only two companies with TV's that have all the features that I'm looking for, flat screen and a PC connection. Guess which company I'm going to buy from. Thanks RCA for making this difficult decision so much easier. "Your Welcome".

3. Andy L

Andy L Stunt Coordinator

Sorry that you had such a bad experience with RCA.
    I'm not really more interested in this set than any other, I just like to see direct view HD options out there. I was hoping that they would introduce a flat screen in the same price range as their existing MM sets and maybe help drive the whole market price range down. 32" and 36" flat screen sets have not seen the same price drops as have projection HD sets.
    Where did you hear that it was going to be delayed until 2 Q 2002?

4. Trev Barton

Trev Barton Extra

I heard it over at www.hometheaterspot.com under the RCA section. Price wise I saw a discounted price for preorders but I can't remember how much. I do recall that it was more than the MM36110.