What's new

Scenes in trailers NOT in the movie! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events:

The trailers are not on the Special Edition (or any) DVD, which is bad... But if you go on the official website, you'll see some scenes not in the movie or in the Special Features from the DVDs.

- Count Olaf open the camping tent where the orphans sleep and say "Good Morning"
- Klaus use a spray with probably insecticid on a plant, outdoor, when we see a ray coming from the tower of Olaf's Mansion.
- Some more shots from Sunny, the baby.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

The teaser trailers for Pixar's last 3 films (Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles) contain footage that don't show up in the final film. Sort of a Pixar trademark.

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
I don't believe that these's any footage from the movie "Citizen Kane" in the very clever trailer, I could be wrong. In any case quite a bit of material was filmed specifically for the trailer, introducing the members of the Mercury Theater, and didn't consist of scenes cut from the film.

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
One of the Point Break trailers has scenes where Keanu Reeves fires a gun out of a truck window ,(that is being driven by Patrick Swayze i believe),that didnt make the theatrical cut.
Be good to know when in the plot this occurred and why these scenes werent included on any new version of this DVD.

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I'm a first-timer, but I moderate over at Rewind (DVD Compare). First of all, I'm a very big fan of trailers and DVDs, so I can give you a huge list of films with this issue. I have also included a note whether the deleted scene is on the DVD below as well (the trailer doesn't count if it's on the DVD).

Die Hard - One trailer fetures Han asking McClane does he live in America, and he replies "only if New Jersey counts". (not on DVD)

The Fly (1986) - A trailer imfamously known for featuring addition footage, such as clips of the baboon-cat scene and Stage 4B Brundle. (not on current DVD)

The Time Machine (2002) - Both international and US trailers feature footage not in the release, such as Alex talking to the Dean on time travel (featured on DVD), additional lines for the Uber-Morlock, more footage of Alex telling the Eoli to fight back, an alternate version of what Alex sees after fighting the Uber-Morlock and more (none of these are available on DVD, but some are mentioned in the commentaries)

Cheaper By The Dozen (2003) - Teaser trailer features a scene where Steve Martin walks into a trap and is hung by his ankles upside down (featured on DVD)

Austin Powers trilogy - trailers for all 3 films feature footage not in the film. A Goldmember trailer has Mike Myer ab-libs not in the film. Spy Who Shagged Me has alternate takes and other footage. International Man Of Mystery has this as well. (some on DVDs)

Terminator 2 - Trailers feature clips from the cut Sarah dream, the chip removal scene and more. (featured on DVD)

Terminator 3 - Trailers feature LOTS of footage not in the film, such alternate takes, John and Kate ducking a stray piece of metal and more . (not on DVD)

xXx - Teaser trailer features a scene where Xander talks to kid on a plane (featured on DVD)

Miss Congeniality - Trailer features a scene where Grace's dad asks her if she's a lesiban, to which she responds "I wish". (featured on DVD)

Liar, Liar - Trailer features the scene where Fletcher defends Skull, Fletcher, Max doing a spit shake and Fletcher twirling on the stair machine (some featured on DVD)

I could go on for hours. I might post some more later on.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
how about the "anchorman" trailer. lots of stuff was cut in the final movie that was shown in the trailer.

Phil Menard

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite scene from the trailer for DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS was the long shot on the pier where our antiheroes nonchalantly push an old woman off the side. I was very hurt when that didn't make the cut.

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
Of course, there is the infamous Jurassic Park trailer that shows Laura Dern snagging a giant leaf off a tree while en route to the Brachiosaurus that didn't end up in the final cut.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
The teaser for WOTW was shot before they went into production. I don't think any of those shots were ever intended to make it into the film though so that one might not count.

The first shot of the full ROTS trailer was cut out of the film.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
The trailer for "Sideways" includes a couple of extra lines that were not in the final cut of the film. During a wine tasting, Paul Giamatti asks Thomas Haden Church, "Are you chewing gum?" In the film, that's where the scene ends. However, the trailer ends with Giamatti finishing his thought, telling Church to "Spit it Out!"

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
My first recollection on this idea is TOMBSTONE. There's a scene with Jason Priestley aiming a rifle that was in a bunch of different trailers, including the theatrical on the Vista Series DVD. That always stuck in my head, because it didn't even fit into his character. I just watched it again, and there's also a scene with Russell and Delano in a compromising position against a tree that was obvious an extension of one of their scenes together.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Aside from trailers with deleted footage, or footage shot only for that trailer, there's one that's unique, as far as I know.

The second trailer for "The Talented Mr Ripley" includes a scene in which Ripley is having coffee with Marge (Gwyneth Paltrow) at the foot of the Spanish Steps. Such a scene exists in the film. However, we then see Meredith (Cate Blanchett) across the square.

At this point, about halfway through the film, Ripley is maintaniing two different identities. Meredith knows him as Dickie, while Marge calls him Ripley. The whole point of the film is how he kills to protect these two identities.

In the trailer, Meredith sees him, calls out "Dickie?" and then the camera zooms into her in a series of jumpcuts, and we see Ripley's shocked look as his dual identities are unmasked.

Such a scene would negate the entire rest of the film. Ripley maintains the illusion of Dickie and Ripley until the very end.

I've never understood where this scene came from, it's clearly not just a deleted scene, and can't have been from some alternate approach to the film that was tried, because, as I say, they would have had to shoot an entirely different second half if they used this scene.

I guess they filmed this scene just because it would look exciting in the trailer, but it's so far from the content of the actual film that I've always found it bewildering.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Heat: There's some additionnal dialogue between De Niro and the doctor after the second heist ("I'm double the worst trouble you've ever had")
Tomb Raider: They cut what would have been the only goo d moment in the movie: There is a dialogue exchange between Manfred Powell, and Lara Croft. He says they should be partners. Lara responds, "But you might try to kill me." Manfred replies, "I'm not going to kill you. Finally Lara says, "I said you'd try". :)

Steve JD

Stunt Coordinator
The trailer for RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE shows a big fire in Mary Astor's mansion, but this didn't end up in the final cut of the film. The movie ends just before the fire takes place in the novel.
Too bad they didn't include deleted scenes on the DVD...

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
The Chronicles Of Riddick - features a cene where Riddick explodes a force field. (the scene is in the DC)

Orange County - The firefighter (played by Ben Stiller in the film)
is replaced by the voice of Mike White.

Ace Ventura 2 - Ace says "I'm fighting something" after sneezing on the natives.

X-Men - One trailer features a shot of Mystique in an elvator at Xaiver's mansion.

Mission Impossible - Trailer features a scene of Ethan and Claire having sex.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The trailer for Miracle on 34th Street (the original - make that the "only" - version) doesn't have a single frame from the film. The whole thing consists of someone playing a Fox executive talking to people on the Fox lot about the upcoming release.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks