What's new

scd-c555es (1 Viewer)

Warren Hubbs

Agent
bought the scd-c555es from j&r audio through recomendations on this site.......i like the player....good value....but its not working correctly now....wont play most discs...even some brand new ones....all sacd work correctly though...cant seem to find any warranty info in the manual....just under a year old...any help would be greatly appreciated......thank you for your time

David Judah

Screenwriter
ES components carry a 5 year warranty. It's odd that it plays SACDs but not CDs. There's an SACD/CD button, but it should auto-sense the kind of disc anyways. Have you tried playing the CD layer of a hybrid disc?

DJ

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Warren, your discription is pretty vague but it's my impression that the laser that reads CD's is out of adjustment. A seperate laser reads SACD, BTW. My XA777ES has developed the same symptoms and I'm gonna send it in for service. It seemed to me that my deck got outta' whack trying to read a CD-R a few months ago...

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
The sony es changers have been plagued with problems, call a repair facility to discuss a replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks