What's new

Scary Movies and Surround Sound (1 Viewer)

What are some of the best scary movie dvd's with a good surround sound mix?

I watched DARKNESS FALLS last night and it had a good mix.

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Heh, I was going to suggest Darkness Falls.

I'm sure there must be a few.. risible though they are does anyone know what the tracks on 'Final Destination' are like?

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
While it's not a "scary movie" per se (more stylish than most, tho), Coppola's Dracula has one of the best surround mixes I've heard.

Cheers,

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
This was just discussed in a thread that's just a few weeks old. You can find many good recommendations there, including my recent favorite, Resident Evil.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I was going to say probably resident evil, signs, and some others I cant think of right now.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Stir Of Echo's is a trip in 5.1 thats the one I couldn't think of, the way they pan voices through the back channels etc its all around you very creepy and it makes you jump a few times:) hehe I love that movie.

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
overaggressive is an understatement but the DTS soundmix of "Brotherhood of the Wolf" is unnerving and ear assaulting.

"The Others" has a great 5.1 soundmix.

While traditionally not a horror movie per se, but Sam Raimi's "The Gift" has an amazing 5.1 etheral soundmix.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I would say so far Darkness Falls...just watched it the other night and wow....

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Just watched The X-Files last night in DTS. The alien attacks, especially in the beginning, are very powerful.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I second The Haunting DTS ES, but be forewarned, go easy on the volume, your house' foundation is at stake. :)

One of my favorite DD tracks has got to be for The Relic! A thundering and unnerving mix, plus one helluva nightmare movie to boot!

Great audio mix on The Ring as well, lots of strange music and shock effects when death strikes it's victims.

Final Destination has a commanding audio mix, 'the vision' scene, the train scene, everything!

Jeepers Creepers is another good one.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Agree with The Relic Very scary and a scary, home-foundation ripping Dolby Digital track. Bass is a little overcooked but still great.

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
Have a DTS Demo disc with a segment of "The Relic" that is outstanding, it'll probably never happen, but I'd love Paramount to rerelease this film with extras and a DTS track to boot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks