What's new

Scary Movie 4 Greenlit Today... (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Are you kidding, Student Bodies is a comedy classic! :)

"I have to lose these golashes, they're a dead give away!"

As for the 'SM' series, I only saw the original, didn't care for it at all. Most of the jokes fell flat IMO, but worst of all they decapitated Shannon Elizabeth!
I'll never forgive them for that! :)

'SM2' from everything i've heard and read, was just immature raunchy crap. Didn't miss much I don't think.

I'll have to see about 'SM3 & 4', I mean even a Zucker brother can have an off day, look at the wholly un-funny Kentucky Fried Movie.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
What's worse is that since the Waynes brothers aren't involved in this one they are actually working on their own SM 3. Which kind of confuses me.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
At the movie theater I work at, we have a poster of Scary Movie 3 in the upstairs (if I ever get a camera into work I could get a shot of it, but it'll probably be online soon or somewhere).

Apparently, SM3 makes fun of movies like Signs and The Ring (the picture is of crop circles in front of a small house, like in Signs, but its on top of the one dude's afro, and in the words "Scary Movie," the "o" is a TV with the ring in it). Kevin Smith wrote it, right? It has potential.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
Kevin Smith wrote it?

I just looked it up on IMDB, and was surprised to see "Kevin Smith", along with 14 OTHER PEOPLE!!
How can a movie possibly have so many writers?

Here is the plot summary from IMDB.
You're warned in 2003. From the director "Airplane!" comes the final instalment of the hilarious Scary Movie trilogy. The story follows Cindy and her newly acquired friends as more strange things occur such as the appearance of crop circles and disturbing video tapes. Now Cindy has to discover the truth behind these mysterious happenings, in order to rid the world of evil... whilst being stalked by several crazy photographers...
Notice the "final instalment" part.... doh!
Sounds pretty good though. I'll probobly rent it.

Nick

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just me or is there only dialogue in that trailer?

Anyways,

The whole iPod thing was pretty funny.

"What's going on?"
"There's no time to eplain."
"Alien Attack!!!"
"Well that actually pretty much sums it up."

Thanks, for the trailer.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I was cracking up at the trailer, and I am excited to see the movie. They don't make enough parodies in the world anymore, so we takes what we can get. According to the poster, this is the final movie, but of course the tagline for the first movie said "No Shame, No Sequels."

Any other parodies people could recommend for me?

Ryan

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone think that Tom Cruise will sue to have his parodies removed (which, it looks like, would essentially kill the film)?

It's well known he's got no sense of humor and a bug up his ass the size of the space shuttle.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Malcolm,
when you say "kill the film" do you mean that it won't get made or that it won't do well at the box office?

I can't say about the former, but as for the latter, any comedy that depends on one joke for it to be successful isn't worth watching to begin with.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I mean that the entire framework for the film looks to be a parody of "War of the Worlds," and it probably takes pot-shots at Cruise throughout (including his Oprah appearance). If that's the basis for the film, and he decides to sue, they would probably just have to shelve the film.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
If that's the basis for the film, and he decides to sue, they would probably just have to shelve the film.
Can you even sue for that? I don't think a parody can be sued. Michael Jackson couldn't do it for either "Scary Movie 3" OR that Emenem video a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks