Scary Movie 2 - specs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Buena Vista's Scary Movie 2 will be released on 12/18 with "approximately 100 minutes of bonus features":
    Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85), English DD 5.1, French Dolby Surround, a Behind-the-Scenes Featurette, Deleted/Alternate Scenes (Brando footage? Can we be that lucky??), a "Behind the Special Effects" Featurette, a "Behind the Make Up" Featurette, Word From the Perch, Still Gallery and the theatrical trailer.
    ------------------
    webmaster davisdvd.com
    International Exclusives

2. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

Cool! Most people on the board don't like this sequel. To hell with them~! [​IMG] Can't wait.
    Scott

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

4. John_McKittrick

John_McKittrick Stunt Coordinator

I'll be getting it.
    John

5. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

I liked the first one, is this one as good in general?

6. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

I really wish they were not released by Dimension because i know there was probably soooooooooo much cut out of the original movie(happens to alot of BV movies anyway) & none of the footage showed up in the deleted scenes section of the dvd....even though in the featurette,Waynes says that they had to cut some stuff(ratings reason),yet there wasn't much to the scenes they had on the dvd,though the Hop Along Shorty scene was hilarious & should've been in the movie no matter what,NC-17 be damned. Though i think it could still be R rated with that scene included!
    Theres some really crazy photo's( Syd with 6 or more nipples ect) that showed up in Fangoria + mentions of alot of F/X for the movie,yet most weren't even seen in the theatrical release,aside from Shannon Elizibeth's death minus the guts & the the huge cum shot.
    + while watching the(original) movie.....it isn't great & feels forced sometimes,but does have some truly hilarious stuff & moves along quick that it's amusing nonetheless. I also noticed that for a gross-out movie,there wasn't much gross out stuff shown.....alot was just describing gross or outragous things,but thats about it when i'm pretty sure the movie was originaly much more graphic & in your face but of course the studio & most likely the MPAA made them tone it down.
    I would love to hear a commentary track on it,to find out about just what exactly was cut + hopefuly it would at least show up in the deleted scenes section since you know Dimension's dumb policy on NC-17/unrated releases!
    & i know this movie is just dieing for a unrated release,then it would truly deliver.
    I haven'nt seen the sequel yet & am sure it won't be as good since it was rushed through so fast + unneeded in the first place. Still there'll probably be some funny bits,that i'llcheck it out on dvd.

7. Marty Christion

Marty Christion Stunt Coordinator

Considering that many papers won't advertise NC-17 movies, and many theaters won't show them, and Blockbuster won't rent them, and theaters that do show them have to take extra precautions to ensure that nobody under the age of 17 gets in, under any circumstances, I would hardly call the decision to release a film with strong teenage appeal with a non-NC-17 rating "dumb". It sounds more like the desire to deliver a return on an investment, which is what most of the movie business is about anyway. That's why they call it the movie business, not the movie art gallery or charity.

8. Jacob_St

Jacob_St Second Unit

I think Christina was referring to their no NC-17/unrated policy for video releases. If that is considered unprofitable I doubt Universal would be releasing unrated versions of American Pie.
    [Edited last by Jacob_St on November 04, 2001 at 11:52 AM]

9. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

Yes ,thats what i was getting at!
    Sure movies may be censored all the time for theatrical release...because of the above reasons. Thugh once you look at it closely....it's all the studios,papers ect fault for that happening. By making such a fuss over a certain rating & refusing to promote ect it,they ruin any chance of profit,unless butchured to the so call "acceptable" rating. That R is ok,but NC-17 is a no-no when you're just getting the true version of the movie & some conservative & very unfair ratings board give is unfair. Since just about everything is NC-17 for even tiniest bit of sex or violence + even language. Example.......American Pie the uncut version could still be R rated-theres like a 10 second difference & it's nothing "bad".
    Though Am Pie 2 which i haven't seen......the Uncut version is going to be 6 mn longer!! So it'll be interesting to compare the two,which i may. Though i'm sure the uncut version is rather "tame" & could still be R rated,but of course the MPAA frowns upon sexual content(Two Girls & a Guy anyone?).
    Yet since we may never be rid of the urban legend of the evil NC-17 rating. They should get rid of it all together!!! C'mon-once a movies R rated,thats it. It's for 17+ & you can't keep putting age restrictings on them,bacsically telling adults it's inappropriate for you to see,when in fact i'm sure it's nothing they have'nt seen/heard before.
    The least studio's could do would be to release the uncut version on video/dvd. Then the true version of the film will finally see the light of day,but with some studio's and there strict + pointless policy(mostly it's Di$ney's fault,since Dimnsion released Unrated stuff sometimes before the takeover). That only happens with smart studios & the small indie ones like AB.
    The one thing i did like about Scary Movie was it was just a great big f....you to political correctness,loosen up,have fun for a change in your'e face movie. That may have been why it made so much $$,because R rated movies have become tamer than ever now & then this comes along to break the rules & while i'm sure alot of stuff was cut out,the language could be considered "shocking" because you don't here it often in movies anymore.
    [Edited last by Christina_DQ on November 04, 2001 at 04:26 PM]

10. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

(Brando footage? Can we be that lucky??)
    I don't think he even filmed the scene.

11. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

I remember reading somewhere that he actually did make it to the set and that he was introduced to various actors...
    Now whether he actually filmed anything on that day is debatable!
    ------------------
    webmaster davisdvd.com
    International Exclusives

12. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

quote: I liked the first one, is this one as good in general?[/quote]
    Well, let me put it to you in this way: SM 2 tied with Final Fantasy as the worse movie of 2001 IMO. SM 2 has none of the humor that made the original enjoyable...I laughed once while watching it.
    And regarding the Brando scenes: I recall reading an interview with Keenan Ivory Wayans on the IMdb where he said that they filmed a bit of Brando. He said he hoped to include the footage on the DVD.
    ------------------
    Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
    ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
    [Edited last by Kevin Leonard on November 04, 2001 at 10:25 PM]