What's new

Scarlett Johansson is delusional (1 Viewer)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Plenty...loss of bone mass...osteoperosis...degenerative joint diseases...dental problems...which is precisely what my (sadly misquoted) point was from the beginning. Beautiful as these pictures are, subtract not 10 but 20 pounds and that's what she will look like in person. After reading a bit I applaud Scarlett for at least attempting attempting to fight the Hollywood lolipop girl ideal. (Big round head...stick figure body). At least she acknowledges that the industry puts pressure on actresses to stay small. It's not just their business. They have very little choice if they want to work. It goes all the way back to Judy Garland and probably farther. And the "I look fat" cliche that we've all heard from at least one woman is greatly due to this problem.

A local radio show mentioned a while back that they were at an event with Courtney Thorne Smith and they couldn't believe how scrawny she looked. Their point was that she looks relatively normal on screen, so just imagine how Calista Flockhart looks in person. I think that maybe Calista is naturally that way and the rest of the cast was left with having to compete because they (as well as the powers) felt that they looked overweight by comparison. The two dimensional nature of film, TV & print messes with our perception which is why this size issue has gotten out of control. Eye candy can be a wonderful thing but the reality is completely different.

Even the CDC has a skewed notion of fitness. Punch your current weight into their calculator (your real weight if your were to step on a scale at this very moment) and see what it says.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
:eek: What is your height and weight? Apologies in advance, but are you ill?

I'm 6'1" and I had to get my weight down to 132 pounds to get a 17.4 I've always been very athletic and I haven't weighed 132 since maybe the 8th grade.

A colleague here is 5'9" and their weight would have to be 118 to get that score.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Here's what is says for my real weight of 218.

Your BMI is 28.8, indicating your weight is in the overweight category for adults of your height.

People who are overweight or obese are at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol.

Below 18.5Underweight 18.5–24.9Normal25.0–29.9Overweight30.0 and AboveObese

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

Beats me. It is what it is.

I notice that you failed to use the future subjunctive, and instead used the past perfect...

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
:confused: Are you referring to, "I've always been athletic..."?

I've listed my stats. And yours?

The point is I would estimate that I was about 5'8" in the 8th grade. According to the BMI, 132 would be "normal" for that height, but at 6'1" I would be severely immaciated. Hence the curiosity about your score and the stats that achieved it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, you guys have turned this thread from being somewhat interesting to a complete bore.;)

Crawdaddy

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I agree the CDC is incorrect because it doesn't take into consideration lean mass. I am 5'10 and 190 lbs but my percentage of body fat is less than 11 percent.

Courtney Thorne Smith looked much better in her Melrose Place days to me.
Scarlett is freaking hot......no matter what picture she is in.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The FOXLINE article:
She's more confident about her hourglass figure. "I'm curvy — I'm never going to be 5'11' and 120 pounds. But I feel lucky to have what I've got."

Paul Padilla's opening statement:

JeremyErwin’s question:
And what's wrong with being underweight?

Paul's continuing obsession:
“Plenty...loss of bone mass...osteoperosis (sic)..degenerative joint diseases...dental problems...which is precisely what my (sadly misquoted) point was from the beginning. Beautiful as these pictures are, subtract not 10 but 20 pounds and that's what she will look like in person.”

We did not misquote you; you misread the article and the very appealing Miss Scarlett’s comments.

But that’s not important.
New and more pressing business has come up.

JonZ’s thumbnails in post # 37

Jon… would you please join the One Click Chick Forum? We need your unique skills over there.

So, just to be clear here…

Discussions of your personal body mass….BAD

Photos of Scarlett Johansson…..GOOD

;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I know, I don't want to argue wether breast size is measured in circumference or diameter....just show me the boobies! :D

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
My original error was tactfully pointed out to me much earlier.
However, the underlying concept remains the same. My "continuing obsession" was nothing of the kind. I was answering a direct question which pertained to the pre-hijacked topic. "(sadly misquoted)" was me referring to my own lack of attention to the original article. So just to be clear here, obsession with thinness and personal body mass was the very topic of this thread. If it needs to be renamed, so be it.

My apologies as well, Crawdaddy, but the boring topic was the intended one.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Maybe he's been hanging out with Willie Nelson. :)

That BMI calculation seems pretty whacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks