What's new

Scarface opens !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I'm going to see Scarface tomorrow!

I can't wait to see Tony Montana face down in a pile of cocaine on the big screen!

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I'm not sure. I don't think it's a local thing. It may be a limited cities release like a New York, Boston, LA, Chicago type of thing.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Select cities got a new print of Scarface today for one week only in anticipation of the new DVD. I'll be seeing it in Philadelphia on Sunday.

Neil

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The ad says that it's "Presented with fully restored picture and digital sound."

This bodes well that the new DVD will be an improvement over the previous one.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
From what I heard from the DVD software forum Richard, that is not the case. And its out here in NY at the AMC Empire. Me and my sis are going to see this tomorrow.:D

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Boy, that showing was fun. We got a nice clean print, and a VERY enthusiastic audience. They booed when he got shot in the end, they cheered when the credits came up, they cheered when he got in that whole "Fuck the Diaz brothers..." tirade, and a LOT of other scenes. It was a lot more fun then a showing of a new movie.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I tried to go see it last night and both shows were sold out. Have to try and catch it sometime this week.

So I saw Mambo Italiano instead. Helluva better movie. ;)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Good crowd today in Philly. I couldn't believe that some people brought kids to this thing, but even they were quiet during it (probably in shock :) ). The print looked great, and it was in a nice big theater, that almost sold out.

Neil

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
This is my favorite movie of all time and I am so bummed that I can't find it playing here in Colorado Springs. I was so young when I saw it at the theater and want to watch it as an adult at the theater. I guess I will just have to wait until next Tuesday to watch it at home.

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw it last night and it was amazing. I was really suprised at how clean the picture looked and how awesome the sound was. Hopefully this will be an indication of how good the DVD release is going to turn out.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I remember this being touted as the big Christmas movie of 1983 - when I was 12. (Boy do I feel old...) It came out the same day as Sudden Impact and Christine. Let there be peace on Earth, indeed. :laugh: I'm planning to see this in a few weeks when it comes around here. I'm not particularly squeamish, but how does it compare to Pulp Fiction in terms of the violence and the swears? Equal or worse?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I'd have to say it's on par with Pulp Fiction regarding violence and language, although there is one scene involving a chainsaw that is definitely not for the squeamish.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I saw it today and WOW!

:star: :star: :star: :star:

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Pacino was fantastic. I was somewhat squeamish about seeing it because of what I've heard, but as it turns out the famed chainsaw scene wasn't even as bad as the torture scenes on 24 last season. I thought that was supposed to be part of the finale, but I guess I was mistaken. The finale was a knockout anyway. Too bad it took me so long to see it, but I was only 12 when it came out, and I never had any desire to see it anyway. Serves me right. I think I enjoyed it even more than Pulp Fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks