What's new

Scarface on HD-DVD?? (1 Viewer)

King Jeff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Beber
First of all, who else is looking forward to it, and does anyone have any general idea as to when it will be released? I was just watching it on Cinemax HD and it looked pretty good, except that they cropped it from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1 for some reason. I also noticed they used the new sound mix from the Platinum Edition DVD released in October. I hope this means they use that mix for the HD-DVD, and I also hope they have a TrueHD track on it. But that's unlikely, since Universal only put out two TrueHD tracks out of all the HD-DVD's they've released. Then again, Scarface is quite popular (I assume, at least) and maybe Universal will get smart.

Also, Universal needs to get out of this dry spell of releases. I read on another thread that someone said they should just unleash all the big titles they have on the same day: Jurassic Park, Jaws, Back to the Future Trilogy and so on. I'm still debating to myself as to whether or not that'd be a good idea.

One quick question, would seeing that a movie is in HD on cable say that it's likely it will be released on HD-DVD soon? I saw Heat in HD a while ago, but it was also cropped to 1.78:1. I want that movie and Scarface so bad! I'm somewhat surprised we haven't heard of any announcements of The Godfather Trilogy in HD. I'd buy that in a second.

King Jeff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Beber
....so nobody else here wants Scarface on HD-DVD? I know it's being released, but I'm hoping it's soon, because my other favorite movie is due to come out in 2008! That's at least 10 more months watching the SD version of Heat!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks