What's new

SCARFACE Limited Edition Humidor on 9/6/11- Artwork (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Universal sent us new artwork for the upcoming Scarface Limited Edition

“First you get the money” and then you get the limited edition SCARFACE-themed humidor when it arrives on September 9, 2011.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
How about the 1932 Paul Muni classic "Scarface" in blu-ray. Do we get that with the damned humidor. If so, I'll buy it.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Perhaps only Paramount really has any respect for the classic fan who would buy these jumbo

special editions. They certainly stepped up to the plate with a blu-ray of the 1923 "Ten Commandments" included in the big split box. Only this made it a must buy for me. No blu of "Magnificent Ambersons" in the new "Kane" box? No blu of the 1925 version in the upcoming "Ben-Hur" box? They certainly lost me as a customer for these deluxe editions. Have some respect for your those who would buy your big boxes. We're buying blu-rays for a reason. At least the people at Kino and Criterion seem to understand this. The regular, bare bones blu-ray editions will do me just fine.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Why should Warner include The Magnificent Ambersons in a Citizen Kane boxset?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

Why should Warner include The Magnificent Ambersons in a Citizen Kane boxset?

The question isn't why should they include it (although I think the reasoning is that it's Welles' second film, also made for RKO, and thus under Warner control) - the question is, why are they including a copy of Ambersons on DVD in a Blu-ray box set?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Josh Steinberg Okay. I got it. I didn't realize that a copy of the movie was being included in the CK boxset until your comment made me check up on what was actually being included. So, yes, you're right, the real question shouldn't have been why include a copy of TMA in a CK set; it should have been why make the included copy a DVD? This Scarface boxset is another example. They come up with an elaborate and expensive box to contain the most important part of the set -the contents- and then make one of the releases a DVD, instead of a Blu-ray.

Universal's boxset of The Ten Commandments got it right, but what annoyed me about the Universal blu-ray release of that film is that they didn't include the blu-ray of the earlier version of TTC in the standard release. You could only get it if you bought a giant boxset full of unwanted trinkets. All I wanted was the two movies in a standard Blu-ray case that would fit on the shelf with the rest of my collection.

Edit: Whoops. I screwed up. That should have been Paramount's release of TTC, not Universal. Universal is releasing Scarface. D'oh.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Totally agree with you on Ten Commandments - I wanted all of the disc content from the box set, without the toys, and wasn't willing to pay for just the stand-alone movie without the rest of the discs. So I'll either wait for some sort of clearance down the road, whether it be months or years, or I'll rent the BD next time I want to see it.

The only time I've ever bought a box like that just to get an extra disc was for Blade Runner - and I regret that now, because I got a Blu-ray player months later and you didn't need to buy the box to get all of the discs in the Blu-ray set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks