Scarface in Briefcase Package

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ChuckSolo, Jan 9, 2004.

1. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

My buddy received the movie "Scarface" 20th Anniversary DVD in a gift box that resembles a crocodile skinned briefcase from his brother for Christmas. I believe that his brother paid almost $40.00 for this set. Yesterday I bought a 2 DVD set from Kmart that contained the same 20th Anniversary "Scarface" DVD and "The Fast and The Furious" for $19.99. BTW - The DVD in the briefcase package was full screen. The one I purchased yesterday was in anamorphic widescreen!! Anyone else fall for this obviously exploitive marketing ploy?

2. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Yes, that's the collector's set.

I don't know how he ended up with a fullscreen version. I have the set and mine is widescreen. If you hadn't noticed the set also contains two movies- the Pacino Scarface and the original Scarface (which is a lot more worthwhile than Fast and the Furious *IMO*)

3. Nick Totoro

Nick Totoro Stunt Coordinator

ChuckSolo...

There are two feature films in the case. The original Scarface is fullscreen, but the Al Pacino version should be anamorphic. I wasn't aware of any of the box sets having a fullscreen-version of the remake, but I could be wrong.

Nick

4. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Actually, I didn't notice the Paul Muni version in his set, although he may have taken it out.

5. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Can someone who has this set tell me if the DVDs included in this set were sealed and whether or not they had a black circle or punch-out over the UPC code?

Many thanks in advance.

6. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

They were sealed, as far as I can remember. I don't recall a punched out UPC, but I can check later tonight, if nobody else answer.

7. Paul Arnette

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

8. Paul Arnette

I'll go ahead and answer my own question, if anyone else cares to know, since I decided to take advantage of FYE's $19.99 w/rebate Scarface box set deal.

Both films are indeed sealed, and each has a UPC code, which is not marked in such a way as to indicate it was part of a box set, such as a punch-out or black circle.