What's new

Scarface in Briefcase Package (1 Viewer)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
My buddy received the movie "Scarface" 20th Anniversary DVD in a gift box that resembles a crocodile skinned briefcase from his brother for Christmas. I believe that his brother paid almost $40.00 for this set. Yesterday I bought a 2 DVD set from Kmart that contained the same 20th Anniversary "Scarface" DVD and "The Fast and The Furious" for $19.99. BTW - The DVD in the briefcase package was full screen. The one I purchased yesterday was in anamorphic widescreen!! Anyone else fall for this obviously exploitive marketing ploy?

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Yes, that's the collector's set.

I don't know how he ended up with a fullscreen version. I have the set and mine is widescreen. If you hadn't noticed the set also contains two movies- the Pacino Scarface and the original Scarface (which is a lot more worthwhile than Fast and the Furious *IMO*)

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
ChuckSolo...

There are two feature films in the case. The original Scarface is fullscreen, but the Al Pacino version should be anamorphic. I wasn't aware of any of the box sets having a fullscreen-version of the remake, but I could be wrong.

Nick

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Actually, I didn't notice the Paul Muni version in his set, although he may have taken it out.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Can someone who has this set tell me if the DVDs included in this set were sealed and whether or not they had a black circle or punch-out over the UPC code?

Many thanks in advance.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
They were sealed, as far as I can remember. I don't recall a punched out UPC, but I can check later tonight, if nobody else answer.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'll go ahead and answer my own question, if anyone else cares to know, since I decided to take advantage of FYE's $19.99 w/rebate Scarface box set deal.

Both films are indeed sealed, and each has a UPC code, which is not marked in such a way as to indicate it was part of a box set, such as a punch-out or black circle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks