What's new

Scarface DVD remake... WHEN? (1 Viewer)

The current condition of this film is horrible. When can we expect a cleaned up version for people who love this movie and deserve it to be at its best?

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
I watched the RC2 version a while ago and although I didn't like the movie and just watched the first half of it the video quality was very good considering that it is an early 80s movie.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Universal has no plans at this time to revisit Scarface...although I agree with you, it does need it.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
What's wrong with the current release? I thought it was decent enough. Personally, aside from Pacino, I didn't really like the film. I think revisiting films should be worried about after the ones not even out yet get released.
"But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong".
Derek

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Derek,
Are you seriously refering to the Region 1 Scarface release?
This might be the lowest quality DVD release to date. I would really like to know why Universal doesn't plan on releasing this anytime soon. Isn't Universal the "King" of re-releases?

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree with Dave H.. I felt that
this was a very poor transfer. I have no
idea regarding the R2 version, but it is
very possible that it was 'cleaned' up.
Unfortunately Universal has ignored Scarface,
a movie that I really enjoy. I have watched this
more times than I would like to admit.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This dvd looks just like they transferred an old wide-screen vhs copy onto dvd! Absolutly aweful! I could really use that puke smiley right thier.
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento
[Edited last by John Williamson on September 06, 2001 at 11:00 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on September 06, 2001 at 11:03 PM]

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
For a different twist on Scarface (the original) check out the Soul Cinema series, Black Ceasar starring Fred "The Hammer" Williamson. The story is nearly identical.

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator
Jeez! The R2 version of Scarface is great, it has an Anamorphic 2:35.1 transfer, Dolby digital 4.1 mix - i think, and making of featurette and other stuff.
PS and yes, the print was cleaned significantly for the R2 release, - so boo sucks to you R1!

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes, Scarface ABSOLUTELY needs to be remastered and rereleased on dvd. It is my favorite movie of all time. The fist dvd is absoultely terrible. The picture is grainy and washed out and the sound is awful. Everytime I watch this movie on dvd, I have to change all the settings on my home theater system just to get it to look and sound half way decent.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks