Scarface DVD...DTS? 2.0?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonWaddington, Sep 17, 2002.

1. JasonWaddington

JasonWaddington Stunt Coordinator

I see Scarface DVD's available in the original Collector's Edition which only has 2.0 sound. I also see it available in some imported DTS versions, of many varieties. Which should I get? The imports are around half the price. Anyone know if there is an actual advantage of getting a DTS version if it is bootlegged?

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

The DTS Collector's Editions are bootlegs. These bootlegs are probably even worse transfers with false DTS sound. The offcial R1 Universal Collector's Edition is the official release with Dolby 2.0 sound. If you do a search you will see this topic discussed along with a couple of scans of the DVD's.

3. Richard cash

Richard cash Stunt Coordinator

hank is right, these definatly are bootlegs.

on a differnet point, i dont think your allowed to have your system info on your signature because when people search for a piece of equipment that you have listed they will return your posts which have no relevence to what you are searching, if you know what i mean. The administrators will clear this up if i am wrong

4. JasonWaddington

JasonWaddington Stunt Coordinator

well i'm definitly not the only one, so i dont know if that is true.

5. Craig_T

Craig_T Second Unit

They're ALL a rip-off. I'd get none of them and wait for Universal to hopefully revisit this title within the next 6 to 9 months. Save you money for DVDs that are done right.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer