What's new

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set - 9/30/2003 (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
That art is godawful. It's almost as though Universal is embarrassed by their classic film catalog and are doing their best to try and trick people into buying them.

What a shame!! As I said earlier, if the only way to get the original is in some super-duper boxset then, I'll just buy the laserdisc or keep my money. Screw 'Em!!:thumbsdown: :angry:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Who exactly is on the cover? It sure doesn't really look like Paul Muni! They should of used the original poster art, with Muni firing a tommy gun, with a look of sheer ecstatic joy in his eyes. As long as the transfer is OK, I'll be happy. (Will, as long as the transfer is OK and they drop the price from $60 bones, I'll be happy)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Some supplements were announced on dvd planet ! 1 of the extras is the rappers talk on how scarface influenced them. ANOTHER EXTRA IS THE TV CUT OF SCARFACE ! Also a documentary, i dont know if im forgetting something, so check dvd planet to see.:emoji_thumbsup:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It also mentions, and more ! So i think this has to be a 2 disc set because it has way more extras than the out of print version .

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hopefully the doc is the same as the OOP, or expanded! I could not give two poops about rappers opinions on the film.

any word on what extras are on the original '32 version?

The Box set looks awesome! Who can complain about the price of the this box set when the LD box set was like $130?!? That set only had the 83 version too.

I Told You A Long Time Ago You F*****g Little Monkey Not To F**k Me!!!:)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
For the last time, I'll bitch about the price. These comparisons are in Canadian $$. Scarface set sells now (preorder) for $58. The current and upcoming LOTR 4-disc sets sell for $38. The recent Warner 2-disc SE's sell for $25, many back-catalog SE's (Amadeus, Cuckoo's Nest, Purple, etc.) sell for $20 and less, most current 2-disc sets sell for $25 (GONY, Ultimate T2, etc.), Chaplin 4 feature 8 disc set sells for $80, Fox Studio Classics sell for ~$18.

So if the '32 Scarface is as good as a FSC, and the '83 Scarface set is a typical SE, then I don't think the set should cost more than $43 (18 + 25)...and maybe throw us a bone for buying both at once. Let's call the the doo-dad the bone... FWIW the Scarface SE sells for $26 (pre-order) now, so they're charging $32 essentially for the '32 Scarface. So IMO US$35 should be what this set SELLS for (in Canada)...no more.

I don't want any doo-dads (money clip, book-ends, figurines, whatever), just the films and decent extras.

I *know* the Scarface SE will sell. This title has been on my list longer than any other title. I can't count the number of times I've been in a DVD store and somebody has asked for Scarface. I've even heard on radio talk shows about DVD's people calling in and asking about Scarface...must be the most common title people ask about (everybody knows about SW and the Indy stuff).

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If Universal is putting the television cut of Scarface on DVD, then I demand this instant that they re-release Mallrats with the television cut on it!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Its strange that dvd planet lists all those extras, yet on universals site it shows that its a barebones disc, what gives ?

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Scarface specs
Also finally revealed are the full specs for Scarface: Anniversary Edition. This Brian De Palma camp classic also streets on September 30th and will be available in both remastered anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks. Extras include the featurettes "The Rebirth of Scarface," "Acting Scarface" and additional interview footage presented by Def Jam featuring today's hottest music stars commenting on how Scarface has influenced their life and music, plus a comparison between the R-rated and TV versions. Other extras include stills and trailers. Retail is $24.95. Universal will also release a special limited edition box set called the Scarface Deluxe Gift Set, which also includes the complete 1932 version of Scarface and collectible packaging. Retail is $59.95.

So I guess the 1st release docu won't be on this dvd.It writes featurettes in the specs.Nowhere does it say that it's a 2 disk set for the standard release.Te deluxe version comes with the original Scarface flick so that's 2 disks.So I'm keeping the 1st release just for the cool 1 hour docu.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
This is strange, dvd planet has different specs, dvd file has different specs, and universals site shows its a barebone dvd. Just for once cant we have a universal dvd be released without confusion ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks