Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I purchased the Sony MOD Toni Erdmann in 2017 and it was not a pressed disc but a BD-R. This is visible on the photo I uploaded. The disc wouldn't play on my player and I had to return it.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/sony-mod-bd-r.352167/#post-4477823
Well, that's the first one I ever heard of being a BD-R. I've purchased a number of Sony MOD and every one of them was a pressed disc. Also, if Scarface (1932) is on a separate pressed Blu-ray disc with the Scarface (1983) Limited Edition 4K/UHD. Why would this single release of the 1932 film be any different?

titch

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Well, that's the first one I ever heard of being a BD-R. I've purchased a number of Sony MOD and every one of them was a pressed disc. Also, if Scarface (1932) is on a separate pressed Blu-ray disc with the Scarface (1983) Limited Edition 4K/UHD. Why would this single release of the 1932 film be any different?
I don't doubt that the Universal Scarface is a pressed disc. From what you're saying, the Sony MOD of Toni Erdmann was not a typical release - I have avoided Sony MOD titles after that one.

Reactions: Robert Crawford

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sony briefly flirted with burned Blu-ray discs for lower demand titles a couple years ago, but has since switched back to pressed discs.

Reactions: ahollis

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashi123