What's new

Scanning error? (1 Viewer)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I was watching an episode of WONDER WOMAN on blu-ray and noticed that in a 15 min. span, every single shot started with a zoom out effect. The dvd doesn't do this. What happened?

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I see it in the digital version I bought from Google as well. Previously the transfers there were cropped to 1.78:1 but they have been re-uploaded to 4x3. I can't help but think this issue is related.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
It only does it for about 6 minutes, but it is very distracting. Every time a shot starts, the frame starts zooming out for a couple of seconds. Then, it does it again when the next shot starts. How could the remastering process have caused this?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
wow, this is really annoying. I wonder what caused it and why it wasn't caught and corrected prior to release.

(This should probably be moved to the TV Shows section, where it may garner additional information)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
You can see the same zoom in the opening titles of "The Man Who Could Not Die" around 4:33 into the show (on Robert Sampson's credit).

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Surely the same mastering mistake wouldn't have popped up multiple times. I wonder if this is original to the masters? The zooms are "in process" as soon as the shots change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks