What's new

Scanner advice needed (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
hello all! I'm looking to replace my aging Visioneer 4400 scanner with something better. A good part of my scanning is for photo reprints, so I want something that will allow me to duplicate the original. I've read that dynamic range is very important, but very few manufacturers actually list it in their spec. Couple that with a lack of a central place to find reviews etc and I'm pretty much clueless what to look for. I'd like to keep it in the

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
You could probably find a cheap (but good) Epson 1250 scanner with negative and slide film attachment for under $100 US (it can be had here in Canada for $100 CDN). It's a 1200 DPI scanner.

Very accurate colors, great scanner!

Or, for something a little newer, you can get the Epson 2400 or the more expensive Epson 2450. 2400 DPI, very accurate color reproduction. The 2450 may be over the $250 US mark though, but includes a film and slide attachment.

Many users at www.dpreview.com highly recommend the latter two scanners. I have an old Epson 1200U Photo scanner, and it is excellent as well. Probably worth $50 US now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks