Scan velocity modulation and service menu

Discussion in 'Displays' started by EduardoBonifaz, Dec 16, 2003.

1. EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz Stunt Coordinator

I´ve seen many threads about the sony TVs service mode, I just accesed my TV set (KP51 HW40) with the intention to turn scan velocity modulation off, as suggested in many places I´ve looked around, I spent almost an hour navigating through the service menu but i never found the Scan velocity modulation initials in the different items, my question is, It´s possible that my TV set does not have this item?, I´m doing something wrong?, I accesed the service menu easily, but wasn´t able to find the item to adjust it , I saw many items but couldn´t find SVM.
    I have my set calibrated (by myself) with Avia, I calibrated it in Movie picture mode, I just calibrated at the same settings the PRO mode (for curiosity only) and surprisingly the picture look better (most detailed specially in black level), Is there any explanation to this? because the two pic modes are calibrated exactly with the same settings, and the results are slightly (but significantly to me) different.

thanks

2. EduardoBonifaz

Please! don´t let me down [​IMG]

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    the SM item for SVM is SVMO?? or something like that. If you are in movie it will have a value of 1. You will have to change it to 0.

There are other edge enhancement settings on most Sony sets. HTSpot has a huge listing of Sony tweeks.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

4. EduardoBonifaz

Thnaks for the tips[​IMG]