Scan lines

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by HongHuynh, Feb 11, 2004.

1. HongHuynh

HongHuynh Agent

I've hooked up dvd player to my new pioneer vsx-d912 and I hooked up my digital cable box to the receiver also. The problem is when the digital cable box is hooked up (red, white, yellow cords), there are scan lines on the tv when I watch a dvd movie. If I unhook them, the scan lines are gone. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Do you mean like interference lines, ghosting lines type thing? It's probably a ground loop, or poorly sheilded cables (interference). "Scan lines" is not the term you are looking for. Scan lines are how the picture is constructed with a CRT TV.

As for fixing ground loops, I'm afraid I'm not of much help, though certainly there are lots of folks around here that would know. Also the HUM FAQ is in one of these forums, maybe its at AVS, I forget. I'll see if i can find it, I'm sure it'd help.

3. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I think you have a ground loop. Here are some other post that have that problem too.

Ground Loop

Here's another one on AVSFORUMS.

Ground2