Scaler needed for my Philips TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Graham Martin, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Graham Martin

Graham Martin Stunt Coordinator

I just got my first Prog Scan player and I had a question:
    I am using a Philips 64pp9751 (User Manual) and a SONY DVP-NS715P player. (Soon to be returned as I just purchased a RP82)
    When I played LOTR in Progessive mode with componant hooks to my HD input jacks, I found that I could use TV controls to pan the image left and right by about 10%. (IE: There was about 10% of the image that was not displaying because it was "off the screen" to the left and right.)
    I read my TV manual (link above) and found that the documentation on some of the more advanced features was lacking, to say the least. (See page 39 of manual.)
    The two controls that I thought might be appropriate were the following:
    DISPLAY MODE: Could be set to VGA, SVGA, AUTO, or HD
    SYNC TYPE: Could be set to AUTO, 1, 2, 3, or 4
    The manual does not explain these at all. Anyone out there know anything about these settings on a Philips box? Anyone know if the image loss is because of scaling issues?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Graham Martin

Graham Martin Stunt Coordinator

I just found this thread that discusses the same issue. However, no results are posted and the user has indicated he does nto wish to receive emails. Anyone else with a 64pp9751 have ideas?