What's new

Scaled Composites' SpaceShipOne to attempt 62 miles tomorrow morning (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited. I wish I could be there to see it but it's a long way away :)
Hopefully the Wx will hold and my boy burt will take the prize.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited. I wish I could be there to see it but it's a long way away :)
Hopefully the Wx will hold and my boy burt will take the prize.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Yes, I'm quite excited about this as well. :emoji_thumbsup: Last month's test was only 40 kilometres short of the X Prize mark; hopefully this one will break the ceiling and they will be able to repeat it and go for the gold.

Adam

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Yes, I'm quite excited about this as well. :emoji_thumbsup: Last month's test was only 40 kilometres short of the X Prize mark; hopefully this one will break the ceiling and they will be able to repeat it and go for the gold.

Adam

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
is anyone else even CLOSE to the prize? I think short of total disaster it's going home with burt (and of course paul allen and all the other losers involved)

I like the photo, in particular the beech starship in the background
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tiero...tarship_lr.jpg
I read last fall that beech has basically stopped supporting that aircraft. Not many were sold, and even fewer will remain in years to come I'm afraid.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
is anyone else even CLOSE to the prize? I think short of total disaster it's going home with burt (and of course paul allen and all the other losers involved)

I like the photo, in particular the beech starship in the background
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tiero...tarship_lr.jpg
I read last fall that beech has basically stopped supporting that aircraft. Not many were sold, and even fewer will remain in years to come I'm afraid.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member

A major disappointment in that Jack Briggs didin't get the piloting assignment. Oh well, should be interesting anyway. :D

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member

A major disappointment in that Jack Briggs didin't get the piloting assignment. Oh well, should be interesting anyway. :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's 10:45 Eastern time, the pair should have reached 50,000 feet and SHOULD be firing off spaceship one. But is a SINGLE TV network carrying the story? hell no.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's 10:45 Eastern time, the pair should have reached 50,000 feet and SHOULD be firing off spaceship one. But is a SINGLE TV network carrying the story? hell no.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Oh finally, AFTER the flight as he was coming down CNN picked it up.
Waiting for the final altitude, they said the rocket shut down a little early but they think they made 112km

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Oh finally, AFTER the flight as he was coming down CNN picked it up.
Waiting for the final altitude, they said the rocket shut down a little early but they think they made 112km

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks