1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Sbs 01

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by justinDreyer, Dec 24, 2005.

1. justinDreyer

justinDreyer Auditioning

I have a budget of 1000 for speakers I have a 500 watt yamaha 7.1 receiver I have listened to paradigm and klipse speakers at a B&M but am interested in the SBS 01 are they a good speaker ? I want them primarly for movies ?

Thanks GUys

2. John Mannix

John Mannix Extra

I really can't say with any certainty, as I've not had a chance to listen to them myself. However, knowing how SVS designs and builds their subwoofers, and knowing their stellar reputation, I have a hard time believing that their new speaker line would be horrible.

Given their money back guarantee, and given that every speaker is going to sound different depending on what electronics you pair it with, the size and configuration of the room, the speaker placement, etc.; I really see no reason why you shouldn't try them.

3. John S

John S Producer

Yep, I'll just echo what the other John said here.

SVS allows you to demo... Can't get anymore no risk than that. They are new, so not a lot of users out there yet.

Get em and come back and give a report, many of us are very curious about them.