Saying goodbye to event-related clothing...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Do you have issues with throwing away old event-related t-shirts? Event-related means a t-shirt that says your college basketball team went to the Final Four (albeit 14 years ago!), or your favorite ML Baseball team wins a World Series 8 years ago, etc.

I have tons of event-related t-shirts from the past 20 years, and I can't seem to throw them away, even though some of them can't even be worn due to some, uh, extra midsection girth from the years.

2. Daniel De

Daniel De Agent

Sew them into a quilt or a couch throw!

Dan

3. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

For some reason I don't want to throw away this type of thing. I do wonder what a shirt I have is worth though.
    It's from a Holyfield Fight against a guy that didn't fight him. I have no idea what its worth but considering the fight never happened, I might be surprised at its value.

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

I don't have any event related clothing seeing as how I'm 24 and live in Philadelphia. Any of the event-related clothing I used to have my parents bought for me, and I've thrown away because it's stuff that brings up bad memories like "NFC East Champions," "National League Champions," or "Eastern Conference Champions." Do you catch my drift?

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I still have some Pistons NBA champion t-shirts from '89 and '90 and Michigan Wolverine National Champs shirts from their '89 b-ball title and '97 football title. I'd have a tough time throwing them out.

For some reason, I never bought any shirts from the '84 Detroit Tigers, and I attended more games that year than any of the other championship years for teams I listed above.

6. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Shane,

There was a guy on the radio talking about the worth of shirts last night. Essentially, they are worthless on the market. They can easily be duplicated...even if the event didn't take place like the Lions winning the superbowl or something.

7. JamesED

JamesED Second Unit

Other people on the net may want them. Ebay is great for selling t-shirts. I've bought quite a few unique t-shirts that I love. I've bought many t-shirts that I like more than the stores, and cheaper.

Back to the main topic, ya I can't seem to get rid of my old event shirts either.

8. Ron Etaylor

Ron Etaylor Second Unit

You must be referring to my 1976 Wings tour shirt[​IMG] Sure there was the one that faded and the armpits ripped out. Then there was the extra one I bought that looks like it's about 5 years old[​IMG]

9. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i cant get rid of them either. i have a tshirt from an orientation to a college i have long since ceased to attend, and i never wore the shirt, but i cant get rid of it. it is 2 sizes too large, as well. i also run the local 5k run "plymouth's run to the rock" every year, and you get a free tshirt, and some of them are awful looking. some are way too small. and i cant get rid of any of them either. this september will be my 6th race, and out of the 5 shirts i already have, i only actively wear 2 of them. i'm hopeless as well.

CJ

10. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

By event clothing I thought you meant "This was the underwear I was wearing on the night I first got laid". [​IMG]

11. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Somewhat related to Nick's post above....anyone want my Madonna "Like A Virgin Tour" T-shirt?

12. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I always have this problem. Any sort of "sports moment" T-Shirt. I finally got rid of my 1994 Rangers Stanley cup shirts. They were too worn out to sell and I feel dumb wearing them because they're so old. I finally had to just realize that the sentimental value wasn't worth the closet space.

13. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I have a 1993 shirt from the National League Championship in Veteran's Stadium. I can't bear to part with it.

14. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

I just checked out my Houston Rockets NBA Championship T-shirt. Neatly folded in my closet. And I wasn't even a fan of the Rockets.

15. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

The only event related piece of clothing that I have is a shirt I bought at a Moody Blues concert at least 10 years ago. It has the On the Threshold of a Dream cover on it and I wore it thin. You can practically see through it now and there's quite a few holes in it now.