Say it ain't true: House of the Dead 2

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Greg_S_H, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
  2. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Well, if you're thinking the answer is, "to make money"...then I have to wonder if the first one made any at all. I remember after seeing House of the Dead how I cursed the director and all his future decendents. I just wanted my time back!! I'm sure everyone else in the theatre that day felt the same. Didn't word of mouth kill that film in a few hours?? If not, it should have...

3. Greg_S_H

Greg
    According to Box Office Mojo, it cost around $22M and made $13.8M at the box office. That's domestic AND worldwide. Perhaps DVD sales allowed it to turn a profit, but I'm skeptical. Even if it did, it's obvious the movie didn't set anyone's world on fire. So, we're back to theories about blackmailed studio execs or someone needing to put down the crack vial. [​IMG]

Maybe the studio paid a lot of cash for the rights to the House of the Dead franchise and are desperate to make it back. They might be better just writing it off than pouring more money down the drain, but maybe they'll get Titanic numbers with the new one. Yeah.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Nice! 2006 is shaping up to be a solid year at the cinema, with a sequel to one of the worst movies ever made, and films with titles like "Snake On A Plane", really, how can the film goer go wrong? [​IMG]

5. Greg_S_H

Greg
    And BloodRayne! Don't forget that! Let me give it it's proper respect, though:

Uwe Boll's BloodRayne

I just got chills.

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Really, how did Mr. Boll get a job in the first place? I'm guess he was a really good diretor, but then had a stroke the day HOTD started shooting. That or he sold his soul to the devil.

7. Greg_S_H

Greg
    I don't know exactly how deals with the devil work, but doesn't the dealee get SOME kind of talent in exchange for his soul? That kind of rules out Uwe! [​IMG]

He ain't exactly the Robert Johnson* of directing.

* - Not that I really believe RJ needed a deal with the devil. It was good, old-fashioned woodshedding that got him to where he was.