What's new

Say Anything on 3/5 (1 Viewer)

MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator
In my top ten of ALL TIME!!!! SO EXCITED!!!

Any world on sound formats though? If it's not 5.1, I'll be more than a little bit pissed.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Most excellent! Can't wait for this baby. Personally I'd love to see Cameron Crowe do a sequel to this showing the two of them 15 years after they come back from England.

Patrick

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Ok I am NOT letting this thread fall off the page just yet. :)
Now that I've finally calmed down, this is proof that the HTF matters to the DVD industry, and I'm thrilled that Peter Staddon listened to Seth and myself for months on end, wanting this film to see the light of day on disc.
I would have been happy with just a regular release, but these extensive supplements are just icing on the icing of the cake.
Jay

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Guys, some of you may not remember, but I'd say this release is borne out of a HTF meet (the 2000 meet specifically).
At the Xmen release thing Peter and Fox fielded some questions on titles in general. Jason asked about this one and Peter told us something to the effect that it sold all 2 VHS copies. In other words, not a popular title to sell on DVD.
Well, this caused some discussion among us in LA and when we got back I started up a thread asking about interest. The quick responses made me start an official feedback thread, and thanks to YOU GUYS we got hundreds of responses and Peter took notice.
While it's not the odd title that Zardoz is, it still seems clear that Fox really does have interest in what we have to say. Based on the responses this title has gotten here at HTF, I'd say Fox is in for a big seller.
I know my copy is a done deal. Can't wait. Peter, I hope it pays off for you guys, I'd like to see the relationship go both ways and make everyone happy. :D

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Every time I see anything about the film COCOON, one thing comes to mind: "Lloyd presents Cocoon." I crack up every time!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Ah Seth tells the wonderful story again. :)
My A and B sound better stock a lot of copies, because they are going to fly off very quick.
Today at the office, "Ricky Don't Lose That Number" comes on the radio, and all of a sudden I'm singing just as poorly as John Mahoney. :laugh:

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I only saw this movie once, back in October 1998. It kept me glued to the TV and I knew immediatly that it would be one of my favs.

Looking forward to watching it again. Thanks all!!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Ca-Ching

Ring up another sale. Thank you.

Anxiously awaiting the Office Space SE and an update on Stealing Beauty subtitle issue.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Picked this fantastic DVD up at Best Buy for $12.99! What a great movie this is.
I noticed the same thing the DVD File reviewer noticed, though:
The DVD case boasts optional commentary for some of the deleted scenes, yet they're nowhere to be found on the DVD!
Small complaint though! I particularly liked the 20-minute foreward to the commentary! Very nice touch!
Add Cameron Crowe to the list of great filmmakers who also deliver the goods on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks