Say anything missing commentary

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DannyS, Apr 2, 2002.

1. DannyS

DannyS Second Unit

On the case of this it state's "5 alternate scenes {optional commentary by cameron crowe on alternate scenes}"

I can't find any sign of this on the disc! sure, the scenes are there, but there is no audio option at all!

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I, too, was very frustrated finding the commentary for theses scenes. I assume this was not included. There have been other cases where features have been listed on the box, but did not appear on the disk.

If the commentary for these scenes is an Easter Egg, please let me know.

3. JonathanSimpson

JonathanSimpson Stunt Coordinator

guys i thought the exact same thing. at first i thought it was just another printing error on the packaging but if you actually watch the scenes, commentary will magically appear on scene 108: diane in bedroom (alternate scenes) unfortunately in what might possibly be one of the biggest errors this year on the dvd front the commentary is non switchable thats right no option to listen to the production audio only commentary that you have no control over.

jonathan

4. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

Jonathan, that's the first I've heard of anybody hearing any commentary during the alternate/deleted/extended scenes. When I watch scene 108, I hear no commentary -- only the production audio, with no other audio tracks available.

5. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Does anybody have a modified Sony or Apex that allows overriding "forbiden" features? Maybe the commentary audio is there and they just locked it out by mistake??

Anyway, big bummer -- I really wanted to hear about the scratch audio track on the boombox scene.

If Fox reps are lurking out there, the least they can do is post MP3s of those commentary tracks on their website.

Ted