What's new

Saw WEST SIDE STORY in 70mm tonight in Columbus, OH! (1 Viewer)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Hello, Peter Apruzzese! I must also chime in with my compliments and thanks for letting us know about the Saturday morning series at the Lafayette Theatre in Suffren, NY. As I've shared here before, I am recovering from a severe illness, and this was the first time I was in a movie theatre since Dec 5th, when I saw HUGO in 3D. Not only was the weather beautiful, but the theatre was lovely, the popcorn exemplary, and the generally pristine print of WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT being especially dazzling, looking to these eyes like an archival Technicolor dye transfer print from the 60's. There is nothing like laughing along with a auditorium full of people both for purposes of enjoyment as well as recovering from an illness. It's kind of amazing how well WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT held up, not to mention seeing a young, and surprisingly charismatic Woody Allen! I would also like to compliment whoever chose the Chuck Jones cartoon, FOR SCENT-TIMENTAL REASONS, (I'm assuming that was you) as both the cartoon and feature are about lovesick skunks on the prowl in Paris. Also kudos for playing LOVE's cover of "My Little Red Book", which was featured in the movie soundtrack, as intermission music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks