What's new

Saw The U2 "Beautiful Day" special on CBS... Is this the same concert as the DVD...?? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Y'all. I remember reading that this concert was being released soon. I assume that CBS ran excerpts from the concert as without commercials, it ran 43 minutes. Was excellent. In some ways, better than the "Elevation" from Boston concert. Bono had buried his Dad the day before and it was VERY emotional and the performance reflected that. They actually did "Out of Control" from "Boy" and it sounded great.
I hope this is coming soon still and it is complete.
Anyone know any info? The U2.com website only mentions the "Best of..." DVD.
:) D

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Damn... I completely forgot about this special...If Bono buried his dad the day before, the concert was at Slade castle in Dublin I believe...You didn't happen to tape it did you??? can I have a copy...PLEASE:b

dan

DaveW

Auditioning
It was also broadcast in HD. The shots of the crowd and some of the band members closeups were great but it looked like they also had some SD cameras there as well since shots of the whole group did not look nearly as sharp.

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
If it was at Slane Castle then the DVD will be coming out early in 2003. I picked up the Best of 1990-2000 DVD here in OZ today. Very nice indeed !!
Now bring on Popmart & Zooropa concerts :)
Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks