1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Saw the Sony 400 disc CD changer with MP3's for $499.00 CAD. A DVD version anytime?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I saw the 400 disc CD changer. Can't remember the model number. I don't have that many CD's or DVD's, but it would be nice to have a 200,300 or 400 DVD/CD changer that played MP3's. I'd love to have nothing but my receiver, the DVD/CD changer and my VCR. Kinda simplify things. Is Sony coming out with anything like that soon?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Chris, the CD megachanger you saw is the CDP-CX455. It's been out a few months. Regarding DVD megachangers with MP3, the relatively new Sony DVP-CX875P 301-disc unit plays MP3-encoded CDs. Here's a link for more information:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VPX875&o=m&a=0

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yes, that is the CD player I was looking at.

Cool. So what MPEG decoder and de-interlacer etc does that Sony DVP-CX875P 300+1 DVD/CD changer use?

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Chris, I'm not sure what is in the 'CX875P. Sony may be using it's own deinterlacer and MPEG decoder. It's common for Sony to use it's own chipsets. Maybe I'm wrong with respect to the '875P, though.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Keith:

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for a DVD/CD multi changer. I didn't know that any body had come up with one.

Parker

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Parker, no problem. DVD/CD megachangers are not new, but the Sony unit is the cheapest progressive-scan model I have come across.