What's new

Saw the Half-life 2 video for the first time!! (1 Viewer)

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
For years, I have been sceptical about "The next big thing for video games". I thought it would take about another 3-4 years before I saw the game that would take my breath away.
But When my friend showed me the video for Half-Life 2, I knew this was the game that I have been waiting for.

For the first time in a looooong time, I was in complete awe. Believe me, I am not easily impressed.
The Graphics, the real-time phyisics, the facial manurisms, the high level of the AI (Both enemy and ally).
Its no wonder that HL2 won game of the year

I have been a long time fan of HL. Buying and beating the main game and both single player add-ons.

I am seriously thinking about saving money to get a new computer, just so I can play with the high level of Quailty that was shown on the video.

Everyone, THIS IS THE GAME
The game that people have been waiting for

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I am totally in the same boat Scott. I have posted this in the computer area and I was told thata new batch of video cards will be out before the games release. Also, AMD plans to release the new 64 bit cheap in the middle of that month. Allow I would never buy the first release of a chip, I bet that could run the game pretty well. Too my understanding the game was ran on a Radeon 9800 Pro with 256 Ram. I would hope that before the release that the code will be tightened up a bit but this seems acceptable for that quality of graphics. I highly recommend everyone download this as well, this is the next big thing.

Geno

Supporting Actor
yes i have seen the video. I must censor what came out of my mouth, but my gosh its unbeleivable. just the initial facial feature, and the eyes.. the eyes were by far the best well and the fact that you can drive around and the water scenes and the ... and the... and the...

cant wait to see more games based on that engine

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
sorry I do not know that info but I would thought I heard, as a rumor, that it was the AMD 3200+. That makes sense to me seeing as how that is the last processor from them until the 64 bit and I believe AMD is more respect within the gaming community. For some reason I think AMD also has some nice connections with either ATI or someone else that is made for their CPU. This is just rumor though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I recently got a hyper-threading P4 2.6Ghz. My video card is lousy right now, but I plan to replace it with a Radeon 9800 Pro before HL2 comes out. I hope that's enough to run the game silky smooth. I'm a little concerned right now because my 3DMark2001 score is about 2000 points less than others with a similar processor and the identical video card, same memory, etc. I'm hoping they are overclocking and it's not a motherboard bottleneck. :frowning:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm running a Radeon 9700 Pro right now...unfortunately on an old Thoroughbred 1700XP. I'll definitely grab a new chip and mobo before the release though...but I'm pretty sure the video board will hold up.

I can't wait.

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
Which video are you referring to? I've been trying to find it and I've found various sizes from 30 MB to 500 MB. Is there one in particular that's the best one to see?

Allan Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
The Gamespy video is far and away the best I've seen. Gamespot has a number of videos that basically offer the same content, but they're nowhere near the quality of the Gamespy version.

Evil Fileplanet link

EDIT: You can try this link if you want to avoid Fileplanet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks