What's new

Saw "The Eye" last night (1 Viewer)

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
I went to go see The Eye last night. It's a Chinese horror movie that seems like it is getting a lot of good reviews. It's only playing at a couple of theaters in New York and in LA for a week. The theater was almost packed. It starts off really cool with an effect I have never scene done, and would only work in the theater with a projector. The movie is pretty scary without really showing much gore, like the Ring. The sound system was used a lot to show where the scary things were. And sometimes you were getting ready to be scared and then nothing happens.

I really hate to read reviews and see people giving away parts of the movie. So I am trying to not do that. But its about a blind girl who gets an eye transplant and she starts seeing things.

Ryan Chron

Grip
Its already out on dvd overseas and you can buy it on ebay. The dvd is region 0 so it plays anywhere. i got it really cheap from some guy in Canada. It even has DTS on the DVD which sounds pretty amazing during a couple scenes. I heard it might come out in an American DVD release. Anyone else heard this?

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
If I remember correctly some production company associated with Tom Cruise has picked up the remake options for this, it will be interesting to see if they do as good of a job as Gore Verbinski did with the remake of the ring

as for the movie itself, I loved it, very creepy, the one scene when Mun is learning to write, and the ghost flys at her was so fricken scary

I have a question about the end if anyone knows how does she end up blind at the end, is it because of the explosion, or are we supposed to assume that she got her donor corneas removed so she wouldn't have to see a bunch of scary stuff all the time

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Re the end -

Basically the explosion takes out her sight. I haven't watched it for a month or two now but IIRC you see shards of glass hit her in the eye.

Downside is she's properly blind again, upside is no more freaky visions.

I thought the film was done very well & loved it.

Of course my flatmate hates it. Takes all sorts I guess. *shrug*

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
Does the DVD still have the same beginning? There are a lot of scenes where you can't really tell if its going to be scary or not. I really liked that about the movie.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
It played at the Atlanta film festival Saturday night and I thought about going but I went to Seven Samurai instead. It didn't start until 8pm so there was no time to get to the showing of The Eye at 11pm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks