Saw Porcupine Tree/ Opeth

Discussion in 'Music' started by John Geelan, Jul 19, 2003.

1. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Oct 11, 2000
    I attended the sold-out show for Porcupine Tree and Opeth last Thursday night at the Irving Plaza in NYC.

I was shocked when I walked up to the doors of the Plaza...the line to get in stretched down the block and around the corner.

Opeth fans showed up en-mass. Quite a contingent of black t-shirts (i was wearing a black Porcupine Tree t-shirt).

Porcupine Tree opened and played great. They juggled selections from "Signify""Stupid Dream" and "Lightbulb Sun" but mostly played selections from their great new cd "In Abstentia".
    They use a screen projector behind them and some of the images were quite good especially during "Gravity Eyelids".

The crowd loved them and at one point everyone in attendance sang "Happy Birthday" to record exec Andy Carp who is the person who signed PT to their first American label (Lava Records).

Opeth was stunning. I had never heard them before this night but I can see they are a very talented band. I must rush out and pick up "Damnation" real quick.

The crowd adores them.

All in all a great night of progressive music.[​IMG]
  2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Aug 24, 2001
    I didn't get a chance to pick up a ticket before it got sold out. I went there and found a scalper. The ticket was fake and I got tossed out.

Be careful, folks. The innocent days of scalping are over.
  3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

May 12, 2000
    I'll be going tomorrow night. Not sold out yet here...