What's new

Saw Adult Swim last night... (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My son's girlfriend recorded it for me to check out...
Pretty funny, overall. Brak was great (as always), Space Ghost got a little tiring, Sealab was like a long dirty joke, and Harvey Birdman was...interesting. I'm curious as to what other cases he's going to try.
My favorite part, by far, was Cowboy Bebop. Heard of it, but had never seen anything about it until last night. Incredible. First session was a serious bit about tracking down a minor drug dealer, the second a funny piece about the dognapping...
I've always enjoyed subtly subversive humor, and Adult Swim seems to fit the bill...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I loved this thing and saw it the first night it was on. I love Cartoon Network now and they have regained my respect (they lost it when they cut out the opening to Outlaw Star).
[Edited last by Morgan Jolley on September 09, 2001 at 07:53 PM]

Stephen L

Second Unit
This is the 1st time I've seen Cowboy Bebop after hearing a lot about it. I enjoyed it and will definately watch more.Brak was good also but Bebop got me.

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I caught it from 1015 on, just missing the Harvey Bridman segment. Overall I felt is was great. Extreamly funny. The only thing I didn't like was the Sealab 2021. I felt very forced humor. and I love hearing Zorak Curse!!!! It's so fitting. Best of all, Cowboy Bebop. I'm a novice at anime (owning Akira and Princess Monokee, yet still haven't seen Ghost in the machine.) but I found it very entertaining really cool. THe CArtoon network is going up in the worfld from the stoner channel to the alternative to the Disney channel to a great channel for adults and children to enjoy. This is the biggest risk a family channel has taken since Nick at Night and I hope that it lasts.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Considering that Nick at Night spawned TV Land, having Adult Swim as a channel would be VERY cool. They already have Boomerang.
As for Cowboy Bebop and anime, if you are just beginning to get into anime, start off by watching good anime. Akira, Mononoke, and Ghost in the Shell are some of the best in terms of story, plot, characters, animation, and overall quality. As far as series go, Cowboy Bebop is great, and Evangelion is one of the BEST anime shows ever (many consider it to be the best, I am one of them). I suggest watching all of the above mentioned things so you can truly appreciate anime before you see crap.
Back to the subject, Adult Swim is seriously the best thing to happen to late night Sunday and Thursday in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks