SAW 3 announced, no double dip this time?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
DVDactive is reporting that Saw III is slated for release on January 23rd in both rated and unrated editions.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/saw-iii.html

Does this mean that they won't be double dipping next fall for the release of Saw IV?

Perhaps it has something to do with the ho-hum release of SAW II: SE a little while ago. It seemed to me that the SAW: SE had a much higher profile and tie-in with Saw II's theatrical release.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a double dip again this year. I think they're trying to get those who normally wait to buy the uncut to buy now so they can surprise them later in the year with something different (Director's Cut, 2-disc Collectors Edition, etc.). I have no evidence of that, but I'm waiting anyway just to see what happens. It's not like there aren't hundreds of other movies that could keep me occupied until later this year. And if I'm wrong, I'll just pick it up later this year.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I've heard that they had to cut the movie down by 45 min. for the release. I guess that will be put in a director's cut later next year.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I can't imagine Lions Gate not double dipping this one in time for Saw 4. That's what I'm holding off for. On the chance they don't double dip, I'll grab what's already out.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro