Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Saw X

Tagline: Witness the return of Jigsaw.

Genre: Crime, Horror, Thriller

Director: Kevin Greutert

Cast: Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, Synnøve Macody Lund, Renata Vaca, Paulette Hernández, Octavio Hinojosa Martínez, Steven Brand, Michael Beach, Joshua Okamoto, Costas Mandylor, David Alfano, Donagh Gordon, Baltimore Beltrán, Isan Beomhyun Lee

Release: 2023-09-26

Runtime: 118

Plot: Between the events of 'Saw' and 'Saw II', a sick and desperate John Kramer travels to Mexico for a risky and experimental medical procedure in hopes of a miracle cure for his cancer, only to discover the entire operation is a scam to defraud the most vulnerable. Armed with a newfound purpose, the infamous serial killer returns to his work, turning the tables on the con artists in his signature visceral way through devious, deranged, and ingenious traps.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
1660597518404.png

So, he directed "The FINAL Chapter," yet is now directing another?

Mmmm hmmm.....mmmm hmmm....

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm guessing they've come up with a bunch of newer, more contemporary ways of torturing and killing people, but I could be wrong.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hey, they did another 8 Friday The 13ths after The Final Chapter so why not Saw too?
Sounds like they're taking marketing advice from Microsoft. Never good.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
View attachment 148735

So, he directed "The FINAL Chapter," yet is now directing another?

Mmmm hmmm.....mmmm hmmm....

Weren't the movies after "Final Chapter" technically spinoffs?

I guess "Jigsaw" toyed with the idea that the killer from the "real 'Saw' movies" was still out there after his alleged death, but IIRC, "Spiral" veered off into another direction.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Honestly, one of the funnest things about the original run of Saw movies was that they had a running continuity and came out every year without fail. Jigsaw and Spiral were both decent, but I assume this 10th film will ignore Spiral like Spiral ignored Jigsaw. Then a few years later we’ll get a Saw 11 that will ignore Saw 10.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was always amazed how they linked them together, sometimes looping back 2 or 3 movies prior, to connect the plot points.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And how many farewell tours did the Stones and The Who do?

Zero and one, respectively.

One of the most persistent rock myths is that the Stones have milked "farewell tours".

They've never announced a farewell tour. Not once.

The Who did it in 1982 and learned their lesson and never did it again.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Even if it's not labeled "farewell" I think they're just so damn old that every tour that's announced people expect to be their last.

Cher is the never-ending farewell, having her "farewell" tour in 2002-2005, then touring twice more since then, most recently 2018-2020. Elvis Duran likes to joke on his radio show that "Cher's been running her going-out-of-business sale for 20 years." :laugh:

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Even if it's not labeled "farewell" I think they're just so damn old that every tour that's announced people expect to be their last.

Cher is the never-ending farewell, having her "farewell" tour in 2002-2005, then touring twice more since then, most recently 2018-2020. Elvis Duran likes to joke on his radio show that "Cher's been running her going-out-of-business sale for 20 years." :laugh:

Cher's case is ridiculous: literally 3 years of "farewell" and then she was back at it 9 years later!

I get that some tour must eventually be the last one due to death/infirmity, but with the Stones, people have declared each tour as "the last one" since at least 1981.

But the Stones have never actually said "this is it", no matter how much people insist they've done a farewell tour - or multiple farewell tours. Drives me a little nuts.

Crazy to think how rockers in their late 30s/early 40s were viewed as OLD 40 years ago. No one in their right mind would've thought all these artists would still be out there in their late 70s/early 80s.

Don't forget this from 1995:

cDGwhIO.jpg

The notion the Stones would still be on tour 15 years later sounded silly... and yet here they are still on tour 27 years later.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks