Saving pictures....problem...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joel Mack, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Okay, I'm stumped.
    Sometimes when I spy an image on the web that I'd like to save, when I right-click and choose "Save Picture as..." sometimes the only format option is .bmp, regardless of the format of the picture itself (ie. clicking on "properties" reveals it to be a .jpg or .gif).
    Any ideas on what would cause something like this? It doesn't happen all the time, but a good example is the "Back To The Future" logo at the top of the main page does this trick (it's a GIF, but when I try to "Save picture as..." my only choice is .bmp)
    Anyone? Bueller? [​IMG]

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i got that problem, but after reinstalling windows that doesnt happen anymore. i posted that exact same question many months ago, but nobody had an answer. i think that is a bug on internet explorer.

3. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

4. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

You da man, Chad. I should have thought of searching Microsoft. I Googled, but didn't get anything useful from that.
    Anywho, it's fixed. Thanks, man. [​IMG]

5. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

Usually if I get that problem all I have to do is reload the image (or the page) and it fixes it self. Don't even have to go through the laborious process of clearing my Temp Internet Files. [​IMG]