What's new

Saving Grace (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We watched the first episode and I promptly deleted the season pass. Let me be straight and say I'm an atheist, but I can still enjoy a show concerning religion. I found this one to be obvious and incredulous.

The show's not ten minutes old before we see the angel wings and Grace is swept to the Grand Canyon. For a while there I thought they were trying to say God will give you a "do over" after killing someone, fortunately they backed off that a bit.

I'm not opposed to second chances, for instance I'm always moved by "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol." I just found this series very trite and un-inspired. I like Holly Hunter and wanted to like this show.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I won't go that far although my opinion is that no one has ever come up with something believable so maybe we're on the same page. However unlike you I enjoyed the show. Also I adored the canceled Joan of Arcadia.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
We could form a club, and I could pretty much ditto J. Angell's (how's that name for irony) post.
But, I'm always gonna watch anything Holly does, and I'm a big Leon Rippy fan.
So...
Sure, I felt betrayed big time, but, what am I gonna do, demand that all pagans be portrayed as sober and moral?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't think we're on the same page. I don't believe that there was a George Baily and he was visited by an angel and got to see what life would be like without him. That's not believable, for me. But I can buy into it when watching the movie because it is so well done, so heartfelt, and the characters are so well written and acted.

I guess I'm saying there's really believing and than there's buying into the movies basic concept. Watching "Schindler's List", I believe there was such depravity and cruelty and I believe amidst all that a person can be transformed. Under less skilled hands, with the same facts, I can still believe but be less moved.

"Saving Grace" had a chance to be emotionally involving, I just think they dropped the ball. But that's just my opinion. I will make this observation: when a series debuts and hits a home run, a thread like this will have many participants and many postings. That this is not happening indicates there's little interest in this show. Perhaps this is the HTF's mini-Nielson rating.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I personally like the show. I think it is well written, acted and has high production values. I look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

BTW, I love the opening song by Everlast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks