What's new

Saved By The Bell (1 Viewer)

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
This is by far and away one of the best shows of all time. Did anyone see the E! True Hollywood Story for Saved By The Bell? It was hilarious! Absolute classic comedy!

Can't wait for the DVD's! Long live the Max!!

Possible favorite episode - Jesse's addiction to caffeine pills - classic "Don't do drugs" message.

Should this be the start of a poll. . .

Pete

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
although that good looking blonde from the nickelodeon show "Hey Dude" had a small role.
Are you refering to Christine Taylor, who played Ross's bald girlfriend in Friends and Marsha in The Brady Movies?
I really wish they gave The College Years more of a chance, I actually liked it.
I do like the fake I.D. episode:)
another one I'm kinda partial to, is the earthquake episode when Mrs. Belding has her baby and is delivered by Zack in an elevator.
now we got a conformation of SBTB on DVD, how about Degrassi Jr. High:)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Man, I swear saved by the bell was one of the greatest shows on saturday morning tv.

cheers!

Josh

aldamon

Second Unit
When my wife went to Spain in high school, everyone there thought the characters in Saved By the Bell depicted ALL Americans. Kind of sad.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
I tried writing to Elephant films in France and asked if the 21 disc set were all dual layers . Hope they will get back to me .

The cheapest way to get it is to order from Amazon Germany , IT comes direct from Elephant and they only charge 15 euro for shipping , ON there own webstore is $30 for shipping . Its about $65 . So they have added the collage years and are using 7 more discs over the FF UK version . If here dual layer there has to be a higher quality image .

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
assuming the french box is a straight repack of their individual season sets, i make it 16 discs for the main series (+1 for the HAWAII TVM). FF doesn't include the movie, so it's a total of 14 (FF) vs. 16 (elephant).

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
assuming the french box is a straight repack of their individual season sets, i make it 16 discs for the main series (+1 for the HAWAII TVM). FF doesn't include the movie, so it's a total of 14 (FF) vs. 16 (elephant).
I think I'm gonna go ahead an order it . That way we will know about all of the sets . It sounds promising for PQ at least .

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
i don't expect them to be any different, lengthwise, but if you ever get that set, these are the episodes to check, in shout order:

season 1

dancing to the max
the lisa card
the gift
fatal distraction
screech's woman
aloha slater
cream for a day
beauty and the screech
mamas and the papas
the election
the zack tapes
king of the hill

season 2

driver's education
house party
jessie's song
1-900 crushed
close encounters of the nerd kind
the babysitters
the fabulous belding boys
breaking up is hard to undo
glee club

season 3

the last dance
the aftermath
operation zack/the surgery
fake IDs
pipe dreams
wicked stepbrother
wicked stepbrother, part ii
date auction
SATs
palm springs weekend
palm springs weekend, part ii
hold me tight
no hope with dope
fourth of july
my boyfriend's back
boss lady

season 4

day of detention
video yearbook
the best summer of my life
slater's friend
school song

ALL of the above run short, at around 22:15-22:20. i didn't include "save the max" since that turned up full-length (23:22) on the FF set.

in addition: dancing to the max, cream for a day, zack tapes, king of the hill, house party, operation zack & fake IDs were released supposedly uncut as part of a five volume VHS set in 1993, so they should be easy to check off.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
i don't expect them to be any different, lengthwise, but if you ever get that set, these are the episodes to check, in shout order:

season 1

dancing to the max
the lisa card
the gift
fatal distraction
screech's woman
aloha slater
cream for a day
beauty and the screech
mamas and the papas
the election
the zack tapes
king of the hill

season 2

driver's education
house party
jessie's song
1-900 crushed
the babysitters
glee club

season 3

the last dance
the aftermath
fake IDs
pipe dreams
wicked stepbrother
date auction
SATs
palm springs weekend
hold me tight
no hope with dope
fourth of july
my boyfriend's back
boss lady

season 4

day of detention
video yearbook
slater's friend
school song

ALL of the above run short, at around 22:15-22:20. i didn't include "save the max" since that turned up full-length (23:22) on the FF set.

in addition: dancing to the max, cream for a day, zack tapes, king of the hill, house party, operation zack & fake IDs were released supposedly uncut as part of a five volume VHS set in 1993, so they should be easy to check off.
This is a first , Delayed at Customs .

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve

season 1

dancing to the max
the lisa card
the gift
fatal distraction
screech's woman
aloha slater
cream for a day
beauty and the screech
mamas and the papas
the election
the zack tapes
king of the hill

season 2

driver's education
house party
jessie's song
1-900 crushed
the babysitters
glee club

season 3

the last dance
the aftermath
fake IDs
pipe dreams
wicked stepbrother
date auction
SATs
palm springs weekend
hold me tight
no hope with dope
fourth of july
my boyfriend's back
boss lady

season 4

day of detention
video yearbook
slater's friend
school song

Can you please send what frame you screenshot , time of episode and which one . I got the French edition finally , and I will try a get a screenshot of it . and post it here , Not sure how to to side by side so maybe you can take my picture and see which one looks best . :)

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
OK, just because i had a copy of the FF "save the max" on hand, here's a shot from both. FF on the left, shout on the right. this pic's at 7:58, right after "first thing's first." previously, FF had the better result -- this time, the shout looks warmer and more focused. (if this isn't acceptable, i can break out the FF box later and try to find that first pic again.)

sbtbcftf.jpg

more importantly, how about those running times? personally i think we're chasing rainbows. if NBC doesn't have 'em, and cast-members are using the cut versions for rewatch pods, then the uncut shows are not gonna appear unannounced on a DVD boxset.

Last edited:

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
OK, just because i had a copy of the FF "save the max" on hand, here's a shot from both. FF on the left, shout on the right. this pic's at 7:58, right after "first thing's first." previously, FF had the better result -- this time, the shout looks warmer and more focused. (if this isn't acceptable, i can break out the FF box later and try to find that first pic again.)

View attachment 210659
more importantly, how about those running times? personally i think we're chasing rainbows. if NBC doesn't have 'em, and cast-members are using the cut versions for rewatch pods, then the uncut shows are not gonna appear unannounced on a DVD boxset.
Oh wow , The Shout is much better in that shot, I would say almost night and day . I may have wasted $60 and everything is in French on this set . They are all dual layered . Got a screenshot . Seems a little jerky on my PC , might be because of the PAL . I can't line it up correctly , The software I'm using is not showing the counter for each episode . Looks about 22-23 min each . This is the best I can do . Going to run them thru my oppo player and hope there not jerky .

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 10

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
^ very similar to the FF shot. gotta remember, it's an old saturday morning kids show shot on tape; it'll never look amazing. no english-language options on that box?

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Saved the max episode is 23:20 long , Looks like a good bitrate , this picture is off my oled using the oppo that's modified for region free with darbee on high pop setting , blurry up close . They seem jerky on the tv not as bad as my PC though and I would have to watch the Shout disc to compare . The menus are a nightmare in French . Another strange thing noticed The theme song on all the episodes on this disc which says season 2 are using the Michael Damian version , Not sure if that's correct or not .

Attachments

• image_50424321.JPG
    image_50424321.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
^ very similar to the FF shot. gotta remember, it's an old saturday morning kids show shot on tape; it'll never look amazing. no english-language options on that box?
Sorry I meant the writing is all in french and no way to shut off the french dubbing on the menu , Guy starts talking in french ugh! , During episode playback it starts in English DD 2.0 and subtitles are off .

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
so far, these have been expensive purchases for what amounts to a minute and seven seconds worth of video! (i still haven't watched 'em side-by-side to see what the differences are.)

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
idk , I might try and sell this on eBay . Nothing close to what I expected . And its a pain in butt case , Most are stacked . Nice pictures on the discs at least .

Attachments

• image_50456577.JPG
    image_50456577.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • image_50425857.JPG
    image_50425857.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • image_50350337.JPG
    image_50350337.JPG
    898.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image_50428929.JPG
    image_50428929.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image_50455041.JPG
    image_50455041.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks