Saved By The Bell: Seasons Three and Four- 4/27

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Skoobooz, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Skoobooz

Skoobooz Stunt Coordinator

Jay
    According to DVD Empire's Recent Additions, Saved By The Bell: Seasons Three and Four is coming out on April 27th. No other details are available, except that it's a four disc set. Looking forward to it!

2. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Awesome!!
    Thanks for the info...

No hopefully we can get a 3rd set with The College Years and the 2 movies. [​IMG]

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

KICK ASS!! I can't wait for an episode listing to see how they're doing things.

4. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Sweet! Thanks for the news!

5. Chuck West

Chuck West Stunt Coordinator

Sweet! [​IMG]

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Sweeeeet. Are the first three seasons out already? I never heard anything about them...

Hehe, everyday i wake up at 9:00 just to watch SBTB on TBS [​IMG]

7. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I'm happy to hear this, but I'm not looking forward to April 27, I've already got a lot on my plate with the Universal Monster Collection so this might wait until May 1, but the news is good! Thanks

8. StacyV

StacyV Second Unit

I'll continue the running theme:

[​IMG] Sweet! Actually I'm glad this is coming, and if the date's correct I'm really glad that the wait between releases is just months apart. I'd love to see season sets of The New Class released in the not-too-distant future as well. I may be in the minority but I watched and enjoyed Saved By The Bell through all its' incarnations.

9. Paul Chi

Paul Chi Stunt Coordinator

Great news!! Now I hope they put the episodes in order from their original air dates.

10. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
  11. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

Great news, but how in the world are they going to fit 52 episodes (26 episodes from Season 3, 26 episodes from Season 4) on 4 discs!? The Season 1/2 set is only 34 episodes and spread across 5 discs.

12. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Scott, probably because of their half-assed way of determining just what actually constitutes a given season. It's quite a complex thing really...

13. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Second Unit

Ummm... Why on earth would you guys buy Saved By The Bell? One of the most worst TV shows created since Small Wonder? Is it for the hot babes? If so, never mind, carry on... [​IMG]

- Jack

14. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Perhaps it's a typo and it'll only be season 3 which gets released. Even Columbia/Tri-Star couldn't get away with that many episodes on 4 disks. lol.

Anyway, I've yet to pick up the first set. Hard to come by in these parts. lol. But they'll be cool to have, especially if and when TBS stops airing it 4 times a day.

15. Casey Trowbridg

This is a cheesy program to say the least, and part of the fun for me now is watching it and wondering to myself, gee that made a hell of a lot more sense when I was a kid than it does now. Sure its bad, but its bad in an entertaining kind of way. It is entertaining for different reasons than the creators intended.

I'll wait and see what they constitute as a season for this show.

16. Matthew Marino

Matthew Marino Stunt Coordinator

I had a blast watching seasons 1 and 2. It's amazing how many episodes I remembered. I hope they offer a free girls of Bayside calendar with the purchase of the DVD set.

17. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

You must be on the older side. This show is not supposed to be good or remotely believable. It was a huge part of early '90s pop culture. And the more I think about it, the more I believe the writers & producers really didn't give a crap for continuity or believability. If they had a story, they were going to make it no matter what!

It's just a fun show to watch and mock with your friends. And to remember horrible fashion trends and hear all the references to George Michael, Bon Jovi, Patrick Swayze, etc. etc.

18. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I know how Saved by the Bell should have ended... It was a total 80's show living in the early 90's... They should have all went to Camp Crystal Lake for their High School camping trip... Fun times for the finale!!! No survivors!!!

High entertainment for all!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name: Samuel "Screech" Powers

Achievements: Beats a Russian foreign exchange student in a chess tournament. Helps Kelly do well on a science test. Beats Jessie out as valedictorian (The brakes on his car mysteriously go out Graduation night).

Dreams: To become Zack. Impress Girls.

19. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
  20. Casey Trowbridg

You know, when I was watching season 1 and the episode where Slater gives up Wrestling for cooking and Screech takes his spot...I'm sure you all know it well, I'm watching the part where they're just about to have the match when Slater rescues Screech, and all I could think was,

Gee the rules for Wrestling around here are pretty damn lax. I mean for one thing there is no way that Screech and that other guy were in the same weight class, and I don't think I've ever seen a high school wrestling meet where your opponent can be changed mere seconds before the actual match is to begin. Then after we hear about how good a wrestler this other guy is supposed to be, Slater doesn't even break a sweat?

Oh yeah, and how exactly, did Slater find all the time to be on the Football, Basketball, and Wrestling team?

See these are questions I ask myself now, but such logic gaps were not noticeable to me back when is was 10 years old, and that is exactly why I have this on DVD.