What's new

Save Special Unit 2 petition... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Help save Special Unit 2. The show was renewed by UPN. But, CBS (thanks to the merger) cancelled it and the 9 episode full season commitment UPN gave it. Even if you are not a fan. Please sign. Just for the fact that UPN at least gives some of the scifi/fantasy shows a shot. Whereas the big 3 networks can low rated episodes after a short time. Here is the link (no pun intended):
http://www.petitiononline.com/su2/petition.html

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Just signed.

I can't believe this show is being cancelled. Isn't getting good ratings for UPN?

What a shame. I really like this show.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Done and done.

I enjoyed the show and made a point to watch it each week.

~Kurt

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
As of Jan 13, the shows on UPN are ranked:

1. Enterprise

2. WWF Smackdown

3. Buffy

4. The Parkers

5. One on One

6. Girlfriends

7. SU2

8. The Hughleys

9. Roswell

10. UPN Night at the Movies

(UPN doesn't have a lot of shows, does it?) So SU2 is in the bottom half. Worse yet, it loses a huge chunk of its lead-in, Enterprise, the #1 show. The thinking is (not that I totally agree) that it should do better.

Think of all the shows NBC has put after Friends. While they are sometimes accurately touted as the "#1 new comedy", they lose too much of the Friends audience and get cancelled; year after year after year. This year's victim: Inside Schwartz -- it's gone.

//Ken

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
I watched a few SU2 episodes and couldn't get into it. I like Scifi's "The Chronicle" better.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
UPN programming in a whole is in jeopardy. CBS hired a new person as an entertainment president who says her first job is to unify the networks wild programming. She says the shows are to male driven and they need a new audience. I see alot of shows possibly disappearing in the future. I guess males are not a good group for ratings.:)
NEWSBREAK...............this just in UPN has ordered the WWF to feature hot male nude oil wrestling for Smackdown to bring in female viewers.:)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the woman they hired worked at Lifetime. UGH! I can just imagine the crap she will put on.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
done and done
SU2 is one of my favorite shows.
But lets see CBS/UPNs histories with good genre shows
Now and Again - gone
Magnificent 7 - gone
Nowhere Man - gone
American Gothic - gone
She-Wolf of London - long gone
With Roswell in jeopardy it looks like the only reasons to watch UPN is for Buffy and Enterprise. There is no reason to watch CBS.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
This show is actually quite good. I've started watching it this fall and really hope that it sticks around. Petition signed!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This is one of the best shows on TV. . .it combines the best qualities of The X-Files and VIP. It's more entertaining than 95% of all the shows out there. I very rarely get into a new show (like once every few years), but this one has me hooked.

I didn't know about the UPN/ CBS merger. As a consumer, I have yet to see a big merger of any kind result in something positive from my perspective. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks