What's new

save me from dumb ebay buyers! (1 Viewer)

mark alan

Supporting Actor
If you read Article 2 of the Uniform Commericial code, it states

3) Such a sale is with reserve unless the goods are in explicit terms put up without reserve. In an auction with reserve the auctioneer may withdraw the goods at any time until he announces completion of the sale. In an auction without reserve, after the auctioneer calls for bids on an article or lot, that article or lot cannot be withdrawn unless no bid is made within a reasonable time. In either case a bidder may retract his bid until the auctioneer's announcement of completion of the sale, but a bidder's retraction
does not revive any previous bid.

In any normal auction (and I assume ebay auctions), once you are outbid, the offer (bid) is no longer an offer. Ryan, in your case, bidder A had no obligation to buy your item at any price, and was perfectly within his rights to try and get it at a low price. You, of course, had no obligation to sell it to him at a low price.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
That's not the point. There were literally dozens of listings for the same or similar item at the same price with zero bids. Why couldn't the high-bid idiots snipe the items that have zero bids? They could've easily won their bids at the lowest possible price but they chose to try to outbid everyone else to pay a higher price. Does that sound like smart bidding to you?
When there are situations like this, I simply bid the minimum. If somebody wants to overbid me fine, I'll go onto the next one. If there are enough items, I always end up getting one for the minimum price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks