What's new

Savage Messiah was... huh... Savagely Butchered!! (Pun Intended) (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Although that was not very popular in theaters, I enjoyed it quite a bit and was on my "Maybe List" for buying the DVD.

Not only was this another case of "Convince people to see it in french by making them believe it's was made in french when it was made in english." I mean, even the cover, is a mostly french bilingual cover. The main title on the cover is in french "Moise: L'affaire Roch Terrieault - v.f. de Savage Messiah" But looking at the back, the dreaded "4:3 Plein Ecran" was to be found.

Because a movie was not too popular DOES NOT mean it can be butchered. They saved me 27$!

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
another case of "Convince people to see it in french by making them believe it's was made in french when it was made in english."
Yeah, I actually saw it in theaters (in French) because I was fooled into believing it was a French film. Boy, was I disappointed! :angry:
I was hoping to watch it again in English on DVD, but now that I know it's in P&S, I guess I won't be seeing it.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I actually saw it in theaters (in French) because I was fooled into believing it was a French film. Boy, was I disappointed!
Dissapointed as in you didn't like the movie or as in the fact it was dubbed? Then again, how can someone truely enjoy a movie when it's dubbed (Or P&S even)
I use www.cinemamontreal.com to check movie schedules, and they tell you each time "v.f. de ..." or "eng. ver. of ..." (Well, we see very few of that, usually it's subbed in english) And in this case, it had both, Savage Messiah was listed as being the English Version of Moise: L'affaire Roch Terrieault and Moise: L'affaire Roch Terrieault was listed as being the French Version of Savage Messiah. WTF? So I asked the theater management and they told me it was originally in english (They had 1 screen of each) So I bought my ticket for the english version.
And now, I wish I hated L'Odysee d'Alice Tremblay, because, when I'll see "Plein Ecran" on that DVD, it's gonna be a lot more painful than for Savage Messiah.
Ah, the province of Quebec is so full of J6Ps!

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping to watch it again in English on DVD, but now that I know it's in P&S, I guess I won't be seeing it.
While I haven't yet seen this (it's currently playing on English-language TMN pay channel) it was originally made for television...so I'm not really sure that this is P&S.
Quebec is the only place that this film has recieved a theatrical release (a last-minute attempt to recoup some costs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks