What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
They say that the toughest movie to watch is a comedy that isn’t funny. Sausage Party is that and so much more, assaulting the senses with its vulgar language and imagery for an excruciating 89 minutes.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Number 6

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Hahn
I couldn't agree more with the review. The only 'funny' thing for me proved to be my anticipation and expectation of a smart premise pulled off at a high level. Boy, was I wrong; this thing was tedious, at best. And, make no mistake, I love a good f-bomb--or several--as much as the next guy; I am not easily offended and, in fact, am a fan of 'coarse' comedy--throw all of the f-bombs, scatilogical jokes, politically incorrect humour, or just bad taste nonsense you want, but do the two things all good comedy should do:

1. Be smart.
  2. Be funny.

Sausage Party was neither. Not even close.

It was boring, immature in the way that denotes lack of experience with or skill in writing (it was as if my weakest students wrote it), and felt like the longest 89 minutes I've ever spent doing anything. Not to mention, it set up several competing main ideas that were never fully resolved and, plainly, just didn't make any sense. (What's worse, is you can feel the abject pride that the writers feel thinking that they've really opened up some real discourse about real topics in this unlikely premise. Put the bong down, boys, and go read a book--learn a few things and, maybe, try again in a few years. Embarrassing.)

Seriously, avoid this. It's amateur-hour level work granted a big budget and a distribution deal.

You've been warned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks