What's new

Saturn 3 (1 Viewer)

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard anything about this movie comming out on DVD. the reason that I ask is that in the original movie there was a part which is refered to as the "Blue Dreamer" sequence. Now in all the video tapes that I rented I never found a full length version of the film like it was in the theater. most of the running times on the tapes are like 88 or 89 minutes and none of them have the " Blue Dreamer" sequence.

Now I have not looked for Saturn 3 on DVD but if someone has any news or actually owns it. I would like to know if it contains the "Blue Dreamer" sequence.

Thanks

Stephane

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A 90-minute pan-and-scan DVD has existed for several years that is basically the VHS transferred to DVD, so I assume that your sequence isn't on there. If you want to own the DVD anyway, you can often find it at places like FYE or K-Mart or Best Buy, for under $10.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
There’s a region 2 PAL DVD available here that runs 100 minutes apparently. Also AFAIK it’s the only widescreen version available anywhere.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Seems to me that I will not find this movie in its original theatrical form. Oh well. Maybe one day.

Thank you all that posted.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Back from the dead.....?

Is this available anywhere in widescreen anamorphic? Is the PAL version anamorphic?

thanx

PeterSOB

Grip
Was "Blue Dreamer" the sequence in which Farrah Fawcett was dressed up in a vaguely S&M-ish outfit? If so, this sequece was deleted at the last minute before it was released in theaters. Although a last-minute edit may not have been the most surprising thing when you consider the notoriously troubled production (the original director was fired after a few days and Harvey Keitel allegedly took off before the end of shooting), the problem was that photos of her in the outfit were, not surprisingly, what most of the pre-release publicity focused on and so there was quite a bit of grumbling when it didn't appear in the finished print.

The fact that I know all of this is incredibly troubling...

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I've owned both the US R1 and UK R2 dvd's, they are identical in content, i.e. both the heavily cut US release.

walter o

Supporting Actor
I believe a clip of Farrah in the sexy outfit is in the theatrical trailer that is in the USA DVD.

Also Keitel didnt return to do re-loop, so Roy Dotrice dubbed him over, so it's odd to see a man known for his Bronx accent speak very British!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks