"Saturn 3" on IFC?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Peter McM, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    It's been years since I've seen this; I forgot how lovely Farrah looks :b

But what an unlikely place for this movie to end up; I didn't know Saturn 3 was an independent film. But you'd think they could show it in widescreen.[​IMG]

2. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

I wish they would re-do the DVD. This is one of my favorite old Sci-Fi movies.

3. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

She did look amazing in this didn't she? Too bad it was a schlocky movie. [​IMG] Fun for "bad-sci-fi" night though! [​IMG]

I remember that "Hector" REALLY gave me the creeps when I was younger. (I'd forgotten that Harvey Kietel was the bad guy in this! Although his voice was dubbed for some reason...)

4. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Yeah, I think IFC bends their rules as to what exactly constitutes an independent film. While looking at their programming, I think they choose films that have an independent feel to it (ie, a plot you wouldn't find in a standard studio picture, shot on a low budget) rather than the company that distributed it. After all, I saw a showing of Escape From New York on IFC a couple of weeks ago.

Odd that Saturn 3 wasn't shown in widescreen, though--usually their films always are. Perhaps they couldn't obtain it?