What's new

Saturday Night Live Season36 (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I only saw the first half hour and then FF through a lot of the last hour this morning, but was it me or did SJ not have that many skits?

Also, she looks to be getting too skinny.

I didn't like last night episode at all.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I mean, really? They went with that "Obama/Jintao" thing again? Was it not enough to be terribly unfunny the first time they did it?
There are a couple of Manic Pixie Dream Girl cuties in Arcade Fire. Had no idea.

ScarJo always commits like hell, even when the material is lame. Got to respect that. I did like the "kid actors" sketch (where the new girl killed it), as well as the Unstoppable "trailer."

Next week with Anne Hathaway and Florence & The Machine promises to be epic for my fantasies.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by NeilO

I actually thought it was a rerun even though I saw promos for a new episode. I wondered if something happened to the guest host and prompted the airing of a repeat. Then it dawned on me that Jintao was originally played by Forte. But otherwise, it was exactly the same.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
De Niro's got a TV spot up for his episode this week, and he looks like he's about ready to punch Wiig in the face. I got my fingers crossed that he follows through on Saturday.

Speaking of SNL, I freaking LOVED the "Black Friday" ad from two weeks or so back -- similar to the equally-awesome "Kickspit Under-Underground Rock Festival" ads from last fall.

As a huge fan of last year's Juggalo skits, that they had a Black Friday ad in that tradition was fucking brilliant. I totally died at the $39 iPads and $71 3-D TVs, and the fact that the whole thing was portrayed as some Supermarket Sweep-esque clusterfuck.

"That's right, coked-up rooster!!" Maybe the funniest thing Moynahan has ever done.

FIND HIM
TOUCH HIM
WIN

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Did anybody watch the Ann Hathaway show? I can't believe there was nothing funny--the Katie Holmes impression alone was fantastic!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yeah, that fake Black Friday ad was great. The Katie Holmes impression was funny for a while but got repetitive (repetitive? On THIS show??? ;) ).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The Miley Cyrus Show is one of this season's breakout sketches. BEST SNL IMPRESSION EVER.

I've never seen an actress so blatantly use her own naked flesh to sell a movie. I started noticing the trend a while back of asking talk show guests about their nude scenes to promote a new movie, but Hathaway was practically telling people to buy tickets for a boob show. And on every talk show, SNL, and the cover of EW to boot. They might as well have called it The Anne Hathaway Tits Movie.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Why was Robin Williams on SNL? He didn't even say anything. I guess the joke for that sketch is to get somebody famous and not even use them!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought it had it's moments but DeNiro was really messing up a lot with his lines.

I always like the "What up wit dat" skit and the Italian interview makes me laugh.

The 3 girls doing the kardashian sisters I thought was very good, the one looked a lot like Kloe(sp?)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by xfile94

Why was Robin Williams on SNL? He didn't even say anything. I guess the joke for that sketch is to get somebody famous and not even use them!

There's a joke to that sketch?

I only saw bits and pieces. Missed Deniro in drag. The bit about the kid Fockers fan was a real drag, but Bobby Moynihan did very well with it (is it just me, or is he getting funnier as Kristen Wiig gets unfunnier?). The Kardashian sisters were excellent. (Gotta say that tight outfit was pretty flattering on Pedrad. :) )

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The best part about the Focker fan skit was when he said his favorite Stiller movie was Permanant Midnight, I thought that part was hillarious.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This weekend's SNL seemed to have the musical guest in the most scripts that I've seen a musical guest in (when the guest isn't also the host). I do like this relatively new policy (of the past season or so) of getting the musical guest more involved in the show.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
Did anybody else watch Jeff Bridges on SNL? He was fairly amusing doing Nick Nolte on the Miley Cyrus show. Does she really talk like that? I have never seen her show, so I don't know.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
She does. This season has been very up and down, some moments funny, some really struggle. We're back to sketches that are hit and miss. Enjoyed the Digital Short and the Merry Crunkmas.. the Miley bit is OK, she's great in it, but it just grates on me after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks